Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good reason not to have another kid?*POLL*

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: Is having a small home a good reason not to have another kid?

Options:

Yes, dont have one. You dont have enough space

No, have another, who cares if the house is small

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 84

View Results

Is having a small home a good reason not to have another child?

Scenario: Couple has one child and wife wants another, husband doesnt. Husbands reason is the house is too small. It is a 2 bedroom home and about 1100 sq. ft. They plan to stay in this home for another 3 years or so before buying a bigger home. Wife is 35 and doesnt want to wait until the new house is bought before trying.

What do you think?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pwaldschmidt
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

This and not wanting another girl (we have 4) is the reason we haven't had another one. 

MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I can see both sides....I wouldn't want to wait 3 yrs being 35 for another, but the space thing does present issues also....it's tough to say really.

SuperMommy22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Have the baby room in with mom and dad, that takes care of at least a year or 2. Then the kids can share a room, until they move.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It depends, it would not be my only reason for not. We have three kids in a three bedroom 1200 sq ft place. How old is the other child

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I can see when you already have 4 kids. But this is about 1 child, and talking about adding 1 more. How large is the home you are raising your 4 girls in?

Quoting pwaldschmidt:

This and not wanting another girl (we have 4) is the reason we haven't had another one. 

CGM2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I dont think its a very good reason. I know a family with 2 kids who's house is only 800 sqft. They make it work.

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
3 moms liked this

I think that the man probably just doesn't want another child and is using the house as an excuse.

Kids share rooms all the time.  I don't think that a guy who really wants another child would see the size of the house as a barrier given wife's age and such.  Methinks he doesn't want one and is hoping to wait it out.

CelestialSong
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

It would only be a couple of years in the small house if wife gets pregnant right now. And for a while baby is small enough where it doesn't matter, and when baby gets bigger the kids can share a room. It's temporary, so I don't see the big deal.

It would have been better for us to wait to have our second baby until after we moved, but I didn't want to let our current and temporary living situation dictate our family and future.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

This is doable. And if they are the same sex they can also share a room for a couple years.

Quoting SuperMommy22:

Have the baby room in with mom and dad, that takes care of at least a year or 2. Then the kids can share a room, until they move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Why not have the baby in there room Till they move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN