Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At what age do you think it's okay to start a family?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
As we all have noticed, everyone is getting younger and younger when having kids.. Well, what age do you think is appropriate? (my reply is at the bottom of page 5)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM
25+
happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

well, I am older with a lot of little kids, and I will never criticize a young person for starting a family young! there are definate advantages to having a family at any age.

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Tough question, but I think 25+ is good, too, with at LEAST 3 years invested in a committed relationship with the father.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

When you're financially and emotionally prepared......the age doesn't really matter, so long as you're an adult.

kiser79
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

i was 23 when i had my daughter, 22 when i got married. but my husband and i was dating for about 5 years before we got married. just because you are older doesn't mean that you ready. i felt that since we were together for so long we got to know each other very well before. husband had a great job and we had a house before too. just because you are 20 or 40 doesn't really matter anymore. its your life experiences, how long you have known this person for, your financials etc

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

When you have a financially stable home and are mature enough to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Age has nothing to do with it when both people are mentally and financially ready.
Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I think age is irrelevant and having a stable life that you can afford to raise children in is the best time. Some people have their lives together early on, some do not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I think when the person is stable, out of school, and in a committed relationship and has been for at least a few years, ideally 3, it would be a good time.

I think it's dumb to put an age on when someone else is ready for a baby. Different people with different circumstances are ready at different times for a baby. Some earlier than others, some later.
Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my opinion: graduated from college and married. So *minimum* 23. Better after 25.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)