Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you couldn't have kids on your own, WOULD you or HAVE you done this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Have another woman carry your child for you? (i can't think of what its called atm but i'm talking about where they take your egg, hubby's sperm and another lady carries the baby for you) - IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE THEN SHARE YOUR STORY PLEASE! - and for the others, tell me why or why not you would try this!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Using a surrogate. And no, I couldn't
kiser79
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

i would only do this with a lawyer present. i have heard of couples deciding that they dont' want the baby anymore due to split up or what ev and the surrogate is stuck with a developing fetus in her that no one wants. the surrogate gets too attached to the developing baby. or if it was me being a surrogate, i would be too attached, then it would be hard to give the baby up, then seeing the baby with the new parents. even if it wasn't technically my baby, i would feel like it was somewhat

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
My dh an I are struggling to get pregnant. We have been ttc for almost 5 years. When I researched surrogacy, I found that it will cost nearly $100,000 by the time it is all said and done. Also, it seems they use the same approach as IVF as far as the eggs go. What I mean is they harvest and freeze many embryos for later use. If they do not get used they get destroyed. This is the reason I will not do IVF or surrogacy. I believe that is the same as abortion. For me, it isn't right. My dh and I are looking into foster parenting and/or adopting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I wish you both the best of luck! - what have you found so far while looking into adoption? My dh and i have been struggling for about a year now and are starting to look into our other options. We're still going to keep trying a while longer but i'd like to have a plan to fall back on if things don't go our way.

Quoting crysiann:

My dh an I are struggling to get pregnant. We have been ttc for almost 5 years. When I researched surrogacy, I found that it will cost nearly $100,000 by the time it is all said and done. Also, it seems they use the same approach as IVF as far as the eggs go. What I mean is they harvest and freeze many embryos for later use. If they do not get used they get destroyed. This is the reason I will not do IVF or surrogacy. I believe that is the same as abortion. For me, it isn't right. My dh and I are looking into foster parenting and/or adopting.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I've never done it, but if it got to that point, I would adopt. 

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I would do a gestational carrier; my eggs and his sperm.
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

No. I didn't. Once we realized that we weren't going to have babies naturally, we looked toward the children who are already here but needed a home. 

We adopted both of our children out of the foster care system... it was all fairly easy and not at all expensive, as long as one isn't determined to have an infant. Our's were each three when we adopted them. One does need to be aware that there are issues that come with adopting from foster care, but as long as one is willing to face the issues, it's a good way to have a strong family.

I'm very thankful now I couldn't have children, because I can't imagine life without the two that I have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
We'be been ttc for a while and have recently made the decision to stop trying. We've looked into every possible thing there is including this but financially it's insane. But if I could afford i would do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM
No. I would adopt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM
The only person I would consider doing that for is my sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)