Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's my unpopular opinion..without going anon. Go ahead and bash. Edit for service members

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 283 Replies
27 moms liked this

I think all of these resolutions to pay certain groups of people during the shut down is BULLSHIT! And I'm military. If the government shuts down, it should SHUT DOWN. No exceptions. Emergency personnel, firefighters, air traffic controllers, fbi, police, military, will all continue to work, and receive back pay once the government is up and running again. Congress DOES NOT GET PAID either.

And sorry folks, no welfare benefits either. You depend on the government (I do too, DH works for the government) then you suffer just like everybody else does when they fuck up. No foodstamps, no mass transit, no wic, no free health clinic. Why should veteran's have to forgo eating, when,  once again, welfare recipients have not a care in the world when it comes to being fed. Yes, I will feel sorry for families who are on it temporarily, just as I feel sorry for all the government employees not working right now, and not getting paid.

If ALL ogvernment services shut down, maybe then you people will realize how much we actually depend on the government, in every aspect of our lives, and how that is NOT always a good thing. Maybe then the masses wil WAKE THE FUCK UP and take some control back of their individual lives and stop relying on an inept government to handle shit.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****************************************************************************************************

Geez louise. Let me edit for all the ladies with their panties in a bunch. My HUSBAND is a soldier. I know that that is entirely different from being a military spouse. Yes, I understand your ire and need to call attention to, and let all of cafemom know that you are/were a female active duty service member and are therefore different from us military spouses. Noted.  Allow me bow down and kiss your feet and thank you for your service, as I do ALL MILITARY SERVICE MEMBERS.

With that said, I am a MILITARY DEPENDENT. Our family is a MILITARY FAMILY.  I am not a solider, nor am I employed by the U.S. Army.  I do not claim my husband's career nor his rank, but I do claim my part in the MILITARY COMMUNITY. Being a part of that community comes with a unique set of perks and struggles. While I thank you for your service, dedication and sacrifices, you completing a few enlistments does NOT make you uniquely qualified to determine what "military" means, and what or who it includes and doesn't include.

Allow me to unwad those panties for you, so you no longer have to defend this mountain of a mole hill. DH is active duty army. I AM HIS SPOUSE. I am sorry if I offended you, and made it seem that I place military spouses on the same level as military service members. That was not my intention. However, we will have to agree to disagree as to the exact definition of being "military" means and what that encompasses.

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

You're military or your husband is?

eSamsMama
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Agreed, but I'm not dependant on the government for my day to day
Djinn83
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My husband is

Quoting Anonymous:

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
12 moms liked this

It's all political theater, designed to enrage certain factions and achieve a desired end.  That's why there are so many "Exceptions". 

How do people not recognize this? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
18 moms liked this

Then stop claiming his career.

-Army veteran

Quoting Djinn83:

My husband is

Quoting Anonymous:

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

mmmmmhhhhhmmmmm

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I say we stay shut down until we solve the national debt.......In about ten years or so, we should be good!

Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
9 moms liked this

Agreed. And thank you for not going anon! I'm tired of people peeking out from behind a blank wall to say how they feel and then going back to hiding. Anon drives me nuts.

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Listen I think if they were going to "shut down" the government then is should have loomed over their heads it was goint to be 100% complete, no food regulations, no mail, no military, no anything, I imagine that by it not being so bad that there is rioting in the streets makes it easier for them to continue to fight amongst one another.

the whole think is bullshit, the only way to change it is to vote out every person who wouldn't come to an agreement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN