Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As a taxpayer, where do you want your money to go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
My husband and I have two kids. He works full time and an additional part time job.I work from home because daycare is just too expensive. And there's not really any reputable daycares here anyway.

Ok so we recieve medicaid at the moment. No fs. Although we struggle to afford food as it is and thsy would help immensly.

We have the option to enroll in my husbands healthcare program at work, but it will reduce his bring home pay by 400. Making it impossible for us to even make ends meet, much less be able to afford groceries for our children without assistance.

So we have two options and since everyone complains about having no say in where their tax dollars go to PA recipients, I'm asking for your input now.

So should we enroll in private healthcare and apply for fs to ensure our kids eat? Or Should we stick with medicaid and recieve no fs?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Same money either way. Doesn't matter.

lizzy_ellie
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

You should do whatever is best for your family and will save you the most money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care. Doesn't matter. Even if you personally had private insurance and no FS, my check will still be taxed. Most of tax money goes to other bullshit anyway.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I suppose I would rather pay for Medicaid than food stamps.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Have you checked to see if you would get help with the premium under the AFC? I think you should go with the plan that gives you the best coverage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Bump
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I'm going I answer the question in the title.

More finding for schools, fixing public roads, after school programs, and Medicaid.

I pay about 1/3 of my paycheck to taxes, and while it's a bit infuriating that I personally don't get that money, if you drove through my town you'd wonder what all the tax dollars are spent on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Neither, you shouldn't have kids you can't afford. However, I have to ask, how is it that you can't manage to afford your own health care? $400 a month is not bad at all. If your DH works a combined 50 hours a week (say 35 and one job and 15 at the other) even making just $12 an hour that's $2600 a month before taxes and if you get medicaid, you likely get every penny he pays in taxes back. This puts him at 133% of the poverty line for a family of 4. Then add whatever you make. Even if you only make $800 a month from home that puts your family to 175%.

Since you can only make 133% of poverty line for your household size and still qualify, I don't see how your famly would qualify for either FS or medicaid if he is really working a full time job and a part time job and you are working from home.

italk2rox
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I say, do whatever you need in order to take care of your kids.

luvmykidsJC
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would rather my tax dollars go to education personally. With him working a full time job and a part time job and you working from home, I don't understand how y'all could possibly qualify for medicaid or FS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)