Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh just filed for bm to get supervised visits. Scared!! Help!!! (Piog)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
**** Im some of you know who i am, but im posting anon just in case this can be traced back to me through google!! we dont want bm to know until she gets served because she has pretty severe anger issues.

Long story short, bm got evicted, then movedo in with her stepmom. Now she's gotten kicked out of sm's and is living at her dad's apartment. All this information is coming from ss. He told us in great detail how he helped mom back all their clothes into boxes, so we believe him over mom- who has been caught in more lies than we can keep track of. Bm says she Did NOT move, but she changed her current city to where the new place is on Facebook last week. She's required by CO to notify of all moves 30 days prior since she has a problem retaining housing. Her Dad is a drug addict and we' ve witnessed him smoking pot and buying prescription pills from one of his daughters.
Ss has been acting out, regressing, and generally having a rough time adjusting to the constant instability. It started getting significantly worse once bm moved in with her sm.

Dh called the lawyer today and the lawyer wants to file for a custody modification giving bm only supervised visits.
We really just want overnights taken away until she can provide stable housing and her 36 hours during the school week taken away, so she would have state guideline visitation instead of the 30-40% she has now. (Ss spends Wednesday night and Thursday with bm)

So what happens now? What kind of information do we need to start getting together? The lawyer is filing the paperwork today, so I don't know how quickly hearings get scheduled. Any possible problems that you could see coming from this?? Any advice welcome!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Bump- I'm so overwhelmed right now
redhead-bedhead
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I don't know anything about custody, so here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Good luck....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Thanks. We don't know much either. The lawyer just usually tells us what we can do based on the information...

And I can't help thinking he's shooting a bit too high on this one...

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Do you think we have any chance? I don't want to go to court and find out we're asking for too much!

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck....
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Idk. Hugs and good luck though! 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Is bm that crazy bitch that can't spell? 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What makes you think that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. We don't know much either. The lawyer just usually tells us what we can do based on the information...

And I can't help thinking he's shooting a bit too high on this one...

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Thanks :( it's driving us both crazy not knowing where ss will be sleeping the next two nights... :(:(

She even slipped and told me she was living in the new town in a text this morning, and then backtracked like crazy when I asked if she moved... So there's something that's not right. We don't know what she's hiding...:(:(

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Idk. Hugs and good luck though! 

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
You'd prob have to get her current address, unless she still receives mail at her mom's.

Other than that, no idea. Maybe therapy for the boy, to kinda help him with everything going on,plus it'll be more proof on your side if things get really bad and the therapist needs to be called on (for a third party opinion- unbiased)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)