Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm praying that I miscarry... **update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 186 Replies

I cannot have another baby. I was on BC. Shit happens. I'm married (9 years in Nov.) and have two children already. My youngest is 6. We never planned on another. I just went back to work! I put my career on hold for 7 years in the pursuit of my husbands career that moved us around every other year. I have a great job that I just started last month! I cannot have another baby. I CAN'T! I would never have an abortion. And I would never intentionally do anything to try and miscarry. I just want it to go away. I pray that I miscarry. It may sound horrible, but it's how I feel. I'm human. Someone please say you have experienced something similar! PLEASE!

I would just like to thank all of the ladies who have been supportive and understanding. What I am experiencing is a feeling, and a little bit of panic.... completely normal, I see, for those who experience a completely unplanned pregnancy. Thank you for making me feel normal, and a little less guilty for the way I feel.

For those of you who wish for me to have twins, That is no different than me wishing for something you don't want... like a miscarriage. I would never wish anyone to experience what they don't want. So, quite frankly, what makes you any better than me? Nothing! Except that I don't judge? You're not in my shoes. And before you say I came here seeking your opinion? That would be incorrect and I would refer you back to my origial post asking for those who have experienced something similar to please reply. I just needed to know I wasn't alone in this feeling.

With regard to getting my tubes tied... do you know how expensive that is? And insurance doesn't cover it.  DH doesn't want a baby either, yet he refused to get a vasectomy that is a fraction of the cost of getting my tubes tied. Yes, I am mad at him right now... because I simply need someone to blame. But, just as I know my feelings about this pregnancy will pass, so too will my feelings about DH's fault (generally speaking) in the matter. AS I said earlier, I am only human. Again, doesn't make me a horrible person.

Thanks again to everyone who shared their stories. I TRULY appreciate it. I feel better already just knowing that this feeling is normal and shall pass.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM
:( unfortunate to say this but I also felt this way with DS.... Now I am glad that we have him but I felt that way all the way throu my pregnancy hugs momma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Thx. And thank you for sharing!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Sorry.............I can't say that I have ever felt like this.

WrstMomever
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Adoption?

dreamarrow
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I haven't but I can only imagine how it is when you don't want another child. I'm currently pregnant and plan to have my tubes tied after this.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I think a lot of people feel this way when an unexpected pregnancy happens to them. Most won't admit it tho. If you still feel this way after u see an u/s and hear the heartbeat maybe look into adoption. Good luck I wish u the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh god no! no no no. Thanks though. but no... I don't know how I would ever explain that to my kids. And anyway, I could never carry a child for 9 months just to had him/her off to a stranger. no no no...
Quoting WrstMomever:

Adoption?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
11 moms liked this

Honistley I have no words for you. I would sell my heart and soul to beable to get pregnant and keep it without having a miscarrage. As an adult woman you should know that bc doesnt always work. Give the baby up for adoption..  SMH at you. You put your career on hold for 7 years.... You put your life and career on hold until your children are 18.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Wow, I'm sorry. Hugs and good luck. 

Tammywhynot
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Your right your horrible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN