Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She has tattoo's, so she must be a terrible mom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

Today was a warm day for this time of year here, so I brought out the tank and capri's. It will be the last time I wear them this year, seeing as how we have a cold front coming in this weekend. I have 8 tattoo's. 7 on my upper body, which, with wearing the tank, all 7 were visible. The 8th one covers the right side of my right calf completely, which with the capri's, was totally visible.

I had to pick DD up early for her dentist appointment, and after we left, we went to the park. DD was running around, playing, and I was sitting on a bench, reading. DD was in my line of sight at all times, so I had no worries about where she was or what she was doing. A few minutes before we left, these 2 women came jogging by. They jogged by a few more times, and the last time that they went by me, I over heard one of them say to the other woman :

Look at her! She has so many tattoo's! I hope she doesn't have a child here!

Then the other woman laughed a bit, and by this time they were pretty much right in front of me, when the other woman said this :

If she does have a child here, she is a terrible mother for having that many tattoo's. That just teaches her child that its okay to destroy your body and graffiti it up.

I just sat back in shock! I mean, 2 woman who have no idea who I am, or my situation, judging me like that! All my tattoo's are tastefully done, and not a single one is a vulgar tattoo. I know that DD is taken care of way before I even think about getting a tattoo done. What would take over a person to be like that, and judge someone that they don't even know, much less never seen before?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I have dealt with that as well. Judgmental people drive me crazy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I ask DD all the time if she will ever get one, and she says nope all the time. I have plans for 2 half sleeves, 2 cover ups, and several more individual tattoo's that will hopefully get done in the next year or so.

I'm thinking about, when I get  my work done, going back to this park and waiting to see if these 2 women come by again, and purposely showing my new ones off......I'd love to see their reactions! lol

Quoting tattooedmama333:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM
5 moms liked this

they must have been from cafemom.

Jodee24
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I have 9 and hear stupid comments all the time. I'm getting a autism half sleeve for my birthday this month and guess what if someone ever says something they can go to hell!!! People who judge by appearance SUCK
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I have many tattoos, I don't cover them, I've never been called a bad mom because of them. Crazy. I'm glad I don't encounter the crazies so many of you ladies do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sure that's exactly how it occurred. 

More commonly you felt judged by glances and whispering among them and concocted your own assumptions from that display of behavior. 

Really. I doubt you "heard" any of that.

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

My DS wants tattoos but both my DD's are not interested at all. 

I have plans for full sleeves, finishing my back and legs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I ask DD all the time if she will ever get one, and she says nope all the time. I have plans for 2 half sleeves, 2 cover ups, and several more individual tattoo's that will hopefully get done in the next year or so.

I'm thinking about, when I get  my work done, going back to this park and waiting to see if these 2 women come by again, and purposely showing my new ones off......I'd love to see their reactions! lol

Quoting tattooedmama333:

rfhsure
by beast mode on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Eh. Doesn't bug me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

It's like I told another PP, once I get all my work done, I'm thinking about going back to that park, just to see if those ladies come by again. I wonder what they would say when they see me with 2 half sleeves, and several more individual ones........

Quoting Jodee24:

I have 9 and hear stupid comments all the time. I'm getting a autism half sleeve for my birthday this month and guess what if someone ever says something they can go to hell!!! People who judge by appearance SUCK

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd judge you more for not knowing when to use apostrophes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN