Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dress to impress...... I am so screwed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
So I finally got a job interview and I was excited. I got a email that said where, when and what I need. Along the bottom added dress to impress. Which usually means a suit!!!! I am screwed!! I don't have a suit or a nice jacket. Most of my clothes are old. I have a few still nice things. But in an effort to save money I haven't bought new clothes in a while. And while I was expecting to look nice. This freaks me out. What if I DON't impress. We need this job desperately. The last interview I was had had 200 applicants. And competition for jobs in this college town can be fierce.
It's just a hotel clerk job.
Would nice slacks a really nice conservative shirt and simple pumps do the job? Help guys.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I would say yes.... but that line your right it means suit.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
4 moms liked this

It's one day right? Round up all the loose change or extras you have, get a nice suit and then tuck the tags or remove the tags, keep the receipt...return the suit after the interview.

Liastele
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you pop into the thrift store in the morning and get something nice?

The business casual outfit you drescribed will probably work, but a nice suit coat wouldn't hurt.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Goodwill and salvation army can get good interview worthy clothes in if you look.   Usually, you can get nice tops for $3-5 each in my area.    A suit outfit?  Never looked actually, but I know that my daughter bought prom-dress quality fancy dresses for between $10 and $20.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
You really need a suit for an interview like that, and a nice one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I will check. They may have something to work.
Thanks for the idea

Quoting Liastele:

Can you pop into the thrift store in the morning and get something nice?

The business casual outfit you drescribed will probably work, but a nice suit coat wouldn't hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
We do have a goodwill here and they recently built a really big nice one.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Goodwill and salvation army can get good interview worthy clothes in if you look.   Usually, you can get nice tops for $3-5 each in my area.    A suit outfit?  Never looked actually, but I know that my daughter bought prom-dress quality fancy dresses for between $10 and $20.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Fucking ghetto

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

It's one day right? Round up all the loose change or extras you have, get a nice suit and then tuck the tags or remove the tags, keep the receipt...return the suit after the interview.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I agree with Liastele and Krissy. Try the thrift shops and see what you can find...also ask around if time as I know there are organizations which help outfit women who are interviewing  and starting new jobs. Congratulations...may you soon be a working girl!

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Dress how you would on a daily basis at work. If that means suit you might have to go get one or borrow one. Check out good will and thrift should. My mom found me a brand new still had the tags suit for 3 bucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured