Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll: Should an IUD/Implant/Depo/Proof of Previous Sterilization be required for PA?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 203 Replies

Poll

Question: Should an IUD/Implant/Depo/Proof of Sterilization be required for a woman with children to receive PA?

Options:

Yes

No, but they should be required to be receiving family planning service from a GYN (this includes all other forms of BC, including Natural Family Planning and condoms)

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 262

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
14 moms liked this

No. No one should be forced to do anything with their body that they do not want to do.

lilsirsmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
No. But maybe education should be offered.
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
3 moms liked this
It would be a choice, though. If they want government help, they choose a long term bc.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No. No one should be forced to do anything with their body that they do not want to do.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
3 moms liked this
No. I, for one, CANNOT use hormonal birth control, it makes me very sick.

I'm also terrified of an IUD and have had three different OBs tell me that I'm not a good candidate anyway.

But NO ONE outside of myself or my dr has any say in my medical decisions and that includes my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Same here. Some woman cannot take hormonal BC and others choose not to do that to their body. BC cando aa lot of damage to your body. No one should be forced to do it. Though education could be offered

Quoting kdjdod081013:

I'm also terrified of an IUD and have had three different OBs tell me that I'm not a good candidate anyway.

But NO ONE outside of myself or my dr has any say in my medical decisions and that includes my husband.

.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Hell no. Those methods have pretty severe risks that no woman should be forced upon bc she falls on a temp hardship. My bones are severely weakened from depo and I had to have surgical removal and 72 hours of intense antibiotics for the Mirena. No way can they put me at risk if I ever needed a little help!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
No, the government does not have the right to interfere with family planning. If you request those services, sure, but not required. You are basically suggesting women choose between eating and their reproductive rights. No bueno.
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I passed out driving 60mph down the highway on the NuvaRing, thankfully DH was with me and managed to keep us safe, the pill I can take for a few months with out a reaction, but once I do react it's violently, Implanon I bled for a year and a half, but was so panicked at the thought of another child that my dr finally told me I HAD to have it removed, I was very anemic, constantly dehydrated, and it was slowly damaging my reproductive organs from the constant bleeding.

I was advised to stay away from Depo because of my reactions to those, cannot use the patch because we fear it will be the same effect as the NuvaRing, and there's enough uterine scarring that I've also been advised to stay away from IUDs.

So I use NFP, it's safe, it's effective as long as I stay away from the pill, and if I question anything, there's always condoms and spermicide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here. Some woman cannot take hormonal BC and others choose not to do that to their body. BC cando aa lot of damage to your body. No one should be forced to do it. Though education could be offered

Quoting kdjdod081013:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Just bc some1 is in the position to need financial assistance doesnt mean that I need government control of some kind. Sure there r people on pa who are procreating. This is America and the only person that should care about the state of my uterus is me and my dh. Ridiculous post! Ever1 is out here doing the hest they can with what they have. do you think taxes will lessen if pa programs got cut? We r so in debt as a nation it wudnt make a difference. Why oh why are there so many pa-hating ppl on cafemom? The programs r there for ppl who need it. Education that is relevant to the public program is offered. Wic gives nutritional counseling bc its related. There r free clinics available for birth control and related education. In this day and age if some1 of legal age in America isnt on birth control its bc they didnt want to be or the condom broke. I am sure there will be women like you judging no matter the case though!
MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM

WTF?! NO!!
I've been on PA before. I have one kid. I don't plan on more kids, if so not for a looooong time. I don't even have sex! Wtf?? I would never allow being fucked up with hormones or surgerical procedures to prevent something *I* have no intention on doing. So fucked up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN