Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hair dye problems! please help! **pics on page 5** (last post from me edit)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
This last Friday (sep 27) I bleached (or "lifted" it) my brown hair then dyed it a light red. The red ended up being an ugly wacky orange so the next day I dyed it again hoping to get the right red but it ended up being Ronald McDonald red.
So how soon can I dye it back brown? Will my hair fall out? Will it be so damaged thay it will break and be all frizzy? What's the best way I can get my hair healthy again? I'm seriously stressing about this...

So if I dye my hair brown will my hair fall out?
Will it bring me closer to a natural tone?
And how soon can I do it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Use a color remover.  You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply or a similar store. 

I was able to lift the BLACK out of my oldest's hair when she got tired of that phase and get it pretty close to her original blonde. 

I heard red is harder to get out, so you might need to use it a couple of times.  It really was surprisingly UNdamaging.  I was really pleased. 

NBean311
by Chivette on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Do not use color remover! 

Give it 48 hours, go to a beauty supply house, and have them help you find a gentle color or toner, as well as deep conditioner and protein filler if possible. 

It will not fall out, it will not all snap off. It will be damaged, and probably dry. For the next several weeks, condition like it is your job. Avoid hot tools. Baby your hair. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I'm sorry I had to giggle.. This has happened to me. I'd go to a professional at this point.
Miss.MandyLynn
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM

id wait a week atlest

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Go to a professional and have them fix your hair.

Uniquecoolio
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I've done this. It works.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Use a color remover.  You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply or a similar store. 

I was able to lift the BLACK out of my oldest's hair when she got tired of that phase and get it pretty close to her original blonde. 

I heard red is harder to get out, so you might need to use it a couple of times.  It really was surprisingly UNdamaging.  I was really pleased. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Bump
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
This. Been there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry I had to giggle.. This has happened to me. I'd go to a professional at this point.
JealousGrrl
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Idk about how to fix the color, but get that Loreal hair system for damaged/over processed hair. Buy the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, and the spray. It's the stuff in a black bottle with gold. It worked wonders for my fried hair. After I finished the whole bottle of that stuff, I got the kind that's black and pink. It works really well too. But start with the stuff for damage.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
You just need toner or pigment to cancel out the red. When I go red, I lift at volume 20. Then I use Paul Mitchell Ruby red slippers toner. For browns I use a green double ash toner to cancel red
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)