Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your kids sleepwalk?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
  • 51 Replies
My 6 year old daughter has never sleep walked before tonight. About 30 minutes ago she came walking out of her room (at the end of the hallway) and walked past the bathroom, into the living room (where I was watching TV), through the kitchen and into the laundry room (where we also have a second refrigerator). I said "Anne, where are you going?", but she didn't respond. I asked 2 more times with no response. Then I heard the refrigerator open. I ran back there just in time to see her pull her panties down and back up to the refrigerator. I said "Wait!!" and I grabbed her and ran her to the bathroom and put her on the toilet. When she was done peeing, she headed back to the laundry room and opened the fridge again. I asked if she needed a drink. She said no. I asked what she needed and she just stared blankly into the fridge. I just picked her up and carried her back to bed.

Do you have any sleepwalking kids? Stories?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Mine talks in her sleep..it's not shocking we have several sleep disorders in my family
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM

My son did once freaked me out I woke up and he was nose to nose to me and said "There is someone at the window" (High up window no chance) I was scared but was like "Okay lets go check it out" I put him back into bed.

He also struggled iwth night terrors (screaming for hours on end)

You did good mama!

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:40 AM
My youngest son talks in his sleep. Sometimes it can be a little scary lol.

Quoting Supervane:

Mine talks in her sleep..it's not shocking we have several sleep disorders in my family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Oh my!! That would totally scare me. I'd be checking all of the windows just to be sure.

Thanks :) I wasn't sure how to handle it. I didn't know if I was supposed to talk to her or not.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

My son did once freaked me out I woke up and he was nose to nose to me and said "There is someone at the window" (High up window no chance) I was scared but was like "Okay lets go check it out" I put him back into bed.

You did good mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM

lol ds does he does weird things.  Usually he just comes out and talks to me.  It seems like he's awake at first until you realize he has no clue of his surroundings and when he is talking it's not quite in response to what you said.

It's creepy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM
My 6 year old had never sleep walked before. One night I was thankfully still awake and heard the door open the ds outside yelling for me. It was 1 am and there have been a lot of mountain lion sightings recently. We led him back to his bed and put a chain lock high on the door.
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Oh my!! That would totally scare me. I'd be checking all of the windows just to be sure.

Thanks :) I wasn't sure how to handle it. I didn't know if I was supposed to talk to her or not.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

You did good mama!

My doc said as long as you dont wake him (her)

He sometimes wakes up and screams strange things...last night it was "mom we forgot to put the scarf on the snake he is going to be cold" We do NOT have a snake BTW.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Oh, that would be creepy. I'm hoping this is a one time thing because I'm easily scared by stuff like this lol.

Quoting tardistraveller:

lol ds does he does weird things.  Usually he just comes out and talks to me.  It seems like he's awake at first until you realize he has no clue of his surroundings and when he is talking it's not quite in response to what you said.

It's creepy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM
:O That's so scary!! That makes me worried about her wandering outside now. I mean, we keep the door securely locked, but she knows how to unlock it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 6 year old had never sleep walked before. One night I was thankfully still awake and heard the door open the ds outside yelling for me. It was 1 am and there have been a lot of mountain lion sightings recently. We led him back to his bed and put a chain lock high on the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this

It seems creepy but it's just a physical thing.  They are in a weird sleep stage is all.  Their muscles should be shut off, but they aren't while their mind is dreaming.  So he hears my voice on a physical level but responds to my voice according to what he's dreaming.

It seems spooky though lol

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Oh, that would be creepy. I'm hoping this is a one time thing because I'm easily scared by stuff like this lol.

Quoting tardistraveller:

It's creepy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)