Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cancel and refund or let it go?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM
  • 27 Replies
Tonight both I and my 1 yo had eye appointments. After being there a half hour or so, my 2 yo gets restless and starts pushing a wheeled chair around. There were two other adult customers in the waiting area and 4 employees, and no one said anything about this being dangerous or disruptive.

As we were leaving, DH was holding the 2 yo on the counter to sign the cc slip, and when he took him down they knocked off the pen sign in clip board, and it broke. We apologized, lady at the counter says not to worry about it, and we move off to the side to pack 1 yo in car seat. As we're leaving, the one employee we haven't dealt with or even spoken to, from across the room yells,YELLS, "you people need to learn how to control your kids. He was pushing that chair and that's dangerous. Now he's breaking stuff. Watch your kid." I was in tears, i apologized to both customers and they told me that he had been fine. I heard one of the other employees chastize her, but no one spoke to us.

I really liked the doctor, and the woman who fit ds for his glasses was so sweet, but this just ruined the whole experience. We spent 600 bucks in there between lo's glasses, my glasses, and my contacts. I'm thinking I want to cancel my contacts and glasses and get a refund. I would return lo's as well, but this is the only place that carries infant sizes on our insurance. Am I overreacting? Yes, he was pushing a chair around, but couldn't she have said, ma'am, we'd rather he not do that, at the time, rather than screaming across the room? Ironically, there's a sign on the door saying "children welcome here."
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:50 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

And how cute is a baby in glasses?
sahmommyoftwo
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Are you kidding? He's 2!!! How rude! If it were me, I would get a refund. It's unfortunate you can't get your little one's glasses somewhere else.

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I would file a complaint against that worker but no I would not ask for a refund, especially if they are the only ones around who carry for infants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM
He's adorable! If you like the doctor I think I would stay. Are you in GA? My son has brown's syndrome, and had to see a pediatric eye doctor when he was a toddler. I can't remember the doctor's name (my son is 10 years old now), anyway the doctor was really nice, but the lady at the desk was rude! He's just a baby accidents happen, don't let some grouchy old hag get to you.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Yeah that was out of line, talk to the office manager!

Cute BTW!

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I would file a report with her boss. What a witch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ranaway
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Eh she should have come over and said something in private.

You as a parent should realize that your child should not have been pushing the chair around or set on the counter. Its a place of business. He is not too young to understand he needs to sit and play quietly.
nikkidedman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I would be upset that she yelled in front of everyone, but I would probably just let it go.
JennPearce
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I'd file a complaint with her manager. :( that's awful. Sounds like he was being just fine & the clipboard was an accident. She shouldn't have been so rude & nasty.
allornone
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I would talk to the office manager or the doctor.

you will be back there many times for broken glasses. 

He is a cutie pie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)