Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

prove it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I was hurt at work.i opened the bread oven and all the steam came out.it was so hot it melted my contact's to my eyes, a emt peeled them off and I went to the hospital, I blurred in the one eye still and its been almost a month.what can I do
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

prove what?

cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM
The damage to my eye, im completely blurred in my left eye. I go to the doc on friday for it, but it happened at work.im afraid thats the damage is permanent, I mean would I sue or will they fire me idk whats going to happen
cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM

What did the doctor at the hospital say?

Quoting Anonymous:

The damage to my eye, im completely blurred in my left eye. I go to the doc on friday for it, but it happened at work.im afraid thats the damage is permanent, I mean would I sue or will they fire me idk whats going to happen

NBean311
by Chivette on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Can you file for Workmans comp after all this time? Or did you immediately? 

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking. 

nidland
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM

file a worker's comp claim at work. they can't fire you for being injured on the job doing something that relates to your job. *EDITED TO ADD* UNLESS you were being unsafe while doing your job, not wearing required protective gear and/or not following proper procedure pertaining to your job. however, i wouldn't even consider suing or even talking to a lawyer until a worker's comp claim is denied. 

that being said, are there any signs posted, or were you preciously aware of the risk? typically, in cases like this it's company policy to wear protective gear around something that could potentially injure you. if you work with hot steam on a regular basis and are at risk of being burned, they should have available protective gear including eye protection, and if you weren't using it you're liable.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Did you go to the hospital, or do you have any proof that you were seen by a doctor?  

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I'll be bumping this in the morning so you can get answers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:33 AM
No u dont need protective glasses, and the hospital said I burned my eyes from the extreme heat..my one eye is fine but my other one is still blurred
cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Make sure you keep all the paperwork that the hospital gave you. As well as any your doctor gives you.

Did you file for workmans comp?

Quoting Anonymous:

No u dont need protective glasses, and the hospital said I burned my eyes from the extreme heat..my one eye is fine but my other one is still blurred

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN