Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A PSA- YOUR MAIL CARRIER

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM
  • 49 Replies
6 moms liked this

If they feel it is unsafe for them to deliver your mail because of your dog they have every right to refuse to deliver your mail. There seems to be a misunderstanding about that. My husband is a Postal worker and delievers mail and he has had over the years dogs come at him and he has refused to deliver their mail, until the problem was fixed. Just yesterday he had a dog break through a glass window to come at him. It is nothing personal against you or the dog, it is for safety reasons. We just had a mail carrier about a month and a half ago, Got his face dang near ripped off due to a dog. Carrier safety is more important, so please put your dogs away, make sure your fences are locked ect.

God Loves you and So do I.

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:29 AM

My husband is also a mail carrier. He has been bitten 2 times in 18 years. One required stitches. I am not counting the number of ankle nips he's received from small yappy dogs.  Just this past May during the annual Food Drive, my husband was walking up to a house. A family was outside with their boxer. My husband asked if he was safe. They were like, "yeah, he's really friendly." The next thing he knew the dog was charging him. He held out the guy's mail and the dog ripped it. The owner's were freaking out trying to stop their dog. "Friendly" my butt. 

One guy he worked with was bit by a "friendly" German Shepard. He lost a testicle because of that dog. This dog was behind a fence, but busted through a weak lock.

leota29
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I'm glad I have a nice calm dog, and a very secure fence but our mail box is on the other side of the street anyway.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM
So don't come in the yard. I'm not dragging my mail carriers into my yard. The post office is three blocks away. I'm sure I'll survive going to get my own mail. But if he pulls a dick move like calling AC on me and my pets simply because he's a big baby who is afraid of dogs then I'd call his superiors and file harassment charges with the Postal Service.

Eta: I have 2 mail carriers. The woman is awesome and she loves my dogs. Especially my Shepherd. She doesn't care if they are outside and if they're inside she likes to talk to my Shepherd through the screen door.

The guy is a dick. I knew he would be trouble when he just left my mail on the step instead of walking up the steps to the mailbox. Oh well.
leota29
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Mobile Photo

Our dog and my ds
Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Quoting AliKatAK47:

So don't come in the yard. I'm not dragging my mail carriers into my yard. The post office is three blocks away I'm sure I'll survive going to get my own mail. But if he pulls a dick move like calling AC on me and my pets simply because he's a big baby who is afraid of dogs then I'd call his superiors and file harassment charges with the Postal Service.

You can try and they will laugh at you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Then I would arrange a po box. PO knows where to deliver and you know where to pick up your mail. No issues then.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

So don't come in the yard. I'm not dragging my mail carriers into my yard. The post office is three blocks away I'm sure I'll survive going to get my own mail. But if he pulls a dick move like calling AC on me and my pets simply because he's a big baby who is afraid of dogs then I'd call his superiors and file harassment charges with the Postal Service.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I can assure any mail carrier or burglar for that matter that my pug is no threat. She may lick you though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM

My dog is a giant chicken shit. She just acts like she's bad. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
2 moms liked this
It's funny someone thinks the mailman picks on them or chooses them out of how many houses to not deliver mail to.....dont complain about the man who wants to deliver the mail and instead secure your dogs or train them to stop freaking out at every stranger that comes close to the driveway.
Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leota29:

Mobile Photo

Our dog and my ds

My husband gives the good doggies treats LOL! this seems like one of those types of doggies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)