Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

12 year old arrested for bullying

LOCAL
Stamford 12-Year-Old Arrested for Bullying: Police
By Ari Mason
Thursday, Oct 3, 2013 • Updated 1:55 AM EDT

A 12-year-old from Stamford was arrested on Tuesday after police say she continually bullied, taunted and harassed another student while at school.

Police said the victim’s parents contacted the department to report the bullying on Sept. 20. Both students attend a private middle school.

The bullying intensified while police and school administrators investigated, pushing the victim to make suicidal comments, according to police.

Police said the 12-year-old was charged with disorderly conduct and was released to the custody of her parents.

“This behavior will not be tolerated by Stamford Police Department,” said Capt. Richard Conklin and Lt. Diedrich Hohn, in a release. “If it is brought to our attention we will vigorously investigate the allegations and make arrests when appropriate. We investigate all claims of bullying and this type of behavior will not be condoned in a learning environment.”
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Good!!!     About 2 years ago some bully from middle school was walking past my house and picked on my 11 year old while he got off his school bus at the time and I went to speak up, well for 3 weeks I was bullyied, after getting video of this kid and going to his school, i was told to file a police report, a few days later the bully was paid a visit from the local police dept, suffice to say the bully never bothered me again.!!

kayandjsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Good. This should happen more. 

mileysmom331
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Good! I wish they would do that where I live!
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Good!! My DD (11) had a bully and I threatened her parents that I would press charges if it didn't stop and my DD hasn't seen the girl since. I'm not sure why but I'm glad my DD no longer has to deal with her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Oh spare the sob story.

The kid is a brat and is getting what she deserves here. A crappy home life is NO excuse for a child to bully someone to the point they start talking suicide.

Quoting idunno1234:

You know....I have problems with comments like this.

I'm not excusing the girl's bullying and I have no problem with her being arrested and shown early on in her life that this is a serious matter.

However, she's a 12 year old who's life you know nothing about, nothing at all.  You have no idea what kind of home life she comes from or what this girl deals with on a daily basis, including whether or not she gets bullied at home.

Quoting happymomma13:

Good. Teach that brat a lesson.
No sympathy for her.

Act like a rotten person...... get treated like one.

PriteeFlower
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Good!! Bullying can have serious mental health effects! We can't make excuses for bullies no matter what kind of background they come from.
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I hope this bully gets some counseling. She clearly needs it. Its about time they start cracking down on school bullies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Are you trying to win a prize for stupidity?

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha.... It maybe I just have more sense then you, since you clearly do not understand, you're probably raising your kids to care about what ppl think too!

Quoting Anonymous:

You win the award for Most Idiotic statement ever made on CM!

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't make someone want to kill themselves. If someone wants to kill themselves then they have a problem to begin with,

And if someone is being bullied, they are allowing it to happen.

Parents need to raise their children to know that others opinions of them don't matter. And they fail as parents when they don't.

If bullying behavior has no effect, the bully has no power.

Quoting happymomma13:

1.) I'm not a part of your crusade. I'm not interested in why she's being a bully. I'm interested in her being penalized for making another CHILD want to kill herself. That's got to be some sick stuff.

2.) I'm not debating with you. It's my opinion. End of story.

3.) I do think she was behaving like a rotten brat. Still. After all you said. I still feel that way.

I'm not "bullying" her, I've never spoken to her and likely never will.

I think she needs serious help and needs to learn how to be a human being.

Lets agree to disagree. I don't like all the notifications. I didn't leave it open for discussion.

It is an opinion.

Go hash it out with the other HUGE group that agrees with me.

Quoting idunno1234:

"I'm not excusing the girl's bullying and I have no problem with her being arrested and shown early on in her life that this is a serious matter."

What part of my post said she should get away with it?

She is 12 and obviously needs to be shown a better way.

How and why she got there is a large part of how to help this girl find a better way.  We don't know anything about this girl at all and things like calling her a brat and rotten are frankly, bullying the bully.  She is 12.  We are grownups and we should know better.

I don't know if you have ever watched any of the "Scared Straight" series but as brutal as the correction officers and prisoners may be who are trying to teach these off the track youngsters how horrific their futures will be if they continue down the road they are headed, they often start by tearing these kids down but that is only effective if they then build them back up.

Teaching kids self respect, which is crucial in order to be able to respect others, starts with focusing on the unacceptable behavior, not making a child feel unacceptable.

Quoting happymomma13:

So, she should get away with it? lol,

I'm okay with you not agreeing with me.
But why should she be making another child want to kill them self?

I'm glad she was arrested.

Quoting idunno1234:

You know....I have problems with comments like this.

I'm not excusing the girl's bullying and I have no problem with her being arrested and shown early on in her life that this is a serious matter.

However, she's a 12 year old who's life you know nothing about, nothing at all.  You have no idea what kind of home life she comes from or what this girl deals with on a daily basis, including whether or not she gets bullied at home.

Quoting happymomma13:

Good. Teach that brat a lesson.
No sympathy for her.

Act like a rotten person...... get treated like one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN