Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

natural treatments hypothyroid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I need help. I can't afford my meds anymore. But I can't function without them. Anyone know of anything that I can take without needing a script?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM

How much are your meds? Mine are only $10 a month. You NEED your meds. Trust me. No vitamin or supplement will replace the actual hormone you need which is what the medicine is for. What medicine were you on? Is it generic or brand name? Switch to generic if you have to. It's better than nothing, I assure you. I tried no meds too. HUGE REGRET!

kkrk1012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I have the same thing as u and I didn't know there was a home remedy for it I heard changing ur diet helps hit I was told I'm on meds for the rest of my life
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM

There isn't. She will pay for it in the long run if she chooses not to be medicated. It will only make her thyroid worse, and she will probably be paying a big bill for surgery instead.

Quoting kkrk1012:

I have the same thing as u and I didn't know there was a home remedy for it I heard changing ur diet helps hit I was told I'm on meds for the rest of my life

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Thyroid medicine is generally fairly cheap. Why can't you afford it?

kkrk1012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Yah surgery ain't fun I had half mine removed and now I have a scar across my neck

Quoting Anonymous:

There isn't. She will pay for it in the long run if she chooses not to be medicated. It will only make her thyroid worse, and she will probably be paying a big bill for surgery instead.

Quoting kkrk1012:

matofour
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM
There isn't really a natural treatment for thyroid meds. And going off them will reek havoc on your body.
You need your meds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM

What can't you afford? The medicine, or the Doctor visits to get the medicine? If you can't afford a visit right now to get a new RX, you can call the office and ask them if they can call you in some thyroid medicine to the pharmacy. I had to do this once. I ran out of medicine and I was due for another check up and out of refills, but I didn't have the money. I called and asked and the Doctor gave me three more months of my prescription to fill, which gave me time to save some money and go to the Doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)