Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really that mean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I have my friends children spending a few nights at my house. ( Mind you they have been here a lot since the summer, so both girls know how my house runs)

They are in the middle of moving and have a lot of things going on in their personal lives. I'm not getting into details.

Anyway. In the mornings when I'm getting my son off to school ( between 6:30 and 7:30 am) I make sure we are pretty quiet. No tvs, loud voices ect.

But come around ten o'clock if the girls are not up, I stop being quiet. I go about my normal day. Music playing in the kitchen ( they are in my living room) stuff like that.

My husband thinks it's mean and I should let them sleep until they wake up on their own. I think that by ten, I have a right to go about my day and stop walking on egg shells so they can sleep.

The girls are 11 and 13.

I send the 11 year old to bed by 9 and the teen is in bed by ten. I don't see where it's my fault if they stay up all night knowing I stop being quiet by 10:00 am.

( they are use to being up later because of their mother. I'm forever going out there to tell the 11 year old to stop messing around and go to sleep)

What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Go about my day, MY way
Punchyobuns
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Shouldn't they also be going to school?

and no, I think when it's your house it's never rude to go about your normal routine unless you've taken someone in because they're ill or something.

createive
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Nope 10 is plenty late enough.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I am confused - why are the girls not in school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM
That's what I think.

If they were younger it would be different. But at 11 and 13. Ya know?

Besides they've been staying with me on and off since Summer started. They know what happens.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Go about my day, MY way
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I would do what you do. You can't postpone your day indefinitely waiting tor them to get up. I have a daughter a little younger than yours.......I KNOW how long they can sleep in :).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Long story short. Their mother is a selfish idiot who got them kicked out of their house. ( not the first time)

So she packed them up and moved them to a friends house a few hours away. In the middle of the night. And started to get them enrolled in the new school. Well that fell through so she's bringing them back to my area.

Which means they have to be enrolled back into their old school. So right now they are school less.

And there mom is with her husband on the road in a truck.

Quoting highlandmum:

I am confused - why are the girls not in school?

housewifehell
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Just curious why aren't they in school?  and I am sorry but in my house by 9 am you better be out of bed there is no walking on egg shells its you get woke up oh well I am up and getting stuff done stop being lazy and get up. Like you said they shoudnt be up half the night anyway.

rachel_35
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Why aren't these girls in school? I wouldn't walk on egg shells at all. They would be awake when my children got upnfor school. Then maybe they could follow the bedtime rules.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I have a 19yo nephew that owes us some money and comes a couple of times a month to work it off around the house and yard. He almost always spends the night. Summer or not, our rule is that everyone is up, showered, and dressed by 9am. That goes for him too. He likes to stay up all night playing on our computer and would sleep on my couch all day if I let him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)