Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WIC....

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 442 Replies
1 mom liked this

so they are cutting WIC off and alot of people are very upset because WIC goes to the babies... Others think that it is ok because they can but formula with foodstamps... I personally think that they should take a little off of both so that it equals out.... instead of moms getting WIC for 6 months after the baby is born turn that part off... that will save money... and cut everyones foodstamps by like 50$ and then that will leave more money for WIC.... I think instead of just stopping WIC it could have been thought through a little better.... 

PLEASE NO RUDE COMMENTS OR JUDGING ANYONES SITUATION... THIS IS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT AND OUR CHILDEREN WHO ARE THE FUTURE... LETS BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER.... NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM SOME TYPE OF IMPACT FROM THE GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN!

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Wic is being stopped completely? Or will it not receive federal funds anymore? Much of wic is state funded anyway, there's a good chance the program will still be there for those who really need it, but if defunded by the federal government, it will probably force them to lower the qualifying income line.
KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM

SC cuts theirs off on the 15th

Quoting shadow_lark:

Wic is being stopped completely? Or will it not receive federal funds anymore? Much of wic is state funded anyway, there's a good chance the program will still be there for those who really need it, but if defunded by the federal government, it will probably force them to lower the qualifying income line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Uh oh dont let the dude see this.
She will go bonkers!

;)

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
5 moms liked this
I read an article that stated that the US spends 78 billion a year in food stamps. I think that can be cut just a little.
BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
14 moms liked this

You called 911 when your circuit breaker blew.. I refuse to take anything you say seriously. lol.

parentalrights1
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Not everyone in wic is on food stamps.

People jump and cheer because they are ravenous beasts who like to hear about people on food stamps suffering and they don't care about the children. They tell everyone they boulder have had the kids which suggests they don't care if the kids go hungry
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

The issue is that it is a spending bill that has shut the government down.  The budget for food stamps was already approved.  Making any changes would have to pass through Congress again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We're on wic because my son needs a special formula, we can't get food stamps because dh makes too much.. so all the formula costs would be out of pocket for us instead of only part... not sure how we're going to do it yet :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)