Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One HUGE benefit of the shut down.

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 273 Replies
5 moms liked this

With most states cutting back their public assistance programs and federal employees at risk of not being paid, many people are completely stranded. While I'm not happy people are struggling. I am, however, elated that Americans as a whole are truly understanding the value of a back up plan and emergency savings. Had many of us had them, these issues of shortages would be less worrisome. 

Hopefully now that so many will the pulling out their hairs truing to figure out how they will squeeze a dollar out of 15 cents they will realize savings and prepare for emergencies should be a top priority. 

I hope this lasts at least a good month, but hopefully no more than 2. A full month of struggling is  going to instill a squirrel mentality in many of us. I think we will grow as a whole once this is over. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

If they did not learn after 08, they never will.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

True true. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If they did not learn after 08, they never will.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

BUMP!

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I doubt many will learn that lesson....

seksen
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
They won't ever understand what it is really like.. Its irritating!
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
6 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol the problem with that theory is the people who don't save either 1) can't for some reason or 2) are the same people who blame every hardship on others.

They won't learn their lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
20 moms liked this
What about those that don't make enough to save?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
12 moms liked this
You are a sad little person.
lunyuny
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)