Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This makes me the worst mom EVER??? Kids are so dramatic!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 385 Replies
10 moms liked this

So my two middle daughters are in middle school and their school has a dance every month, my girls are 11 and 13. Well they have been wanting to go to this dance and have been asking me for days, I keep saying no, but I gotta give them credit for being persistent...Well they both left mad this morning and they both called me from school all sweet asking if they could go to the dance! I still said no and that their Aunt is visiting from out of town and coming for dinner and that's that!....Well they BOTH said "you are the worst meanest mom ever" lol.

Edit.. Girls just got home and guess what THEY ARE FINE, they weren't bullied or made fun of for not attending the dance :-)...they are enjoying their after school snack and laughing.. Guess they weren't traumatized by not being able to attend dances :-P..they even called their dad, they said he laughed and said "you already know, see you this weekend" :-).. I know how some of you just hate that divorced parents can co parent and have rules that go for both homes :-)
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetaspie630
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
37 moms liked this

Well you sound like a mean mom. Your telling them they can't go at all and they didn't do anything wrong? What's wrong with them eating dinner with their aunt THEN going to the dance? Maybe their aunt would love helping them get ready for the dance! Time to re-evaluate your decision maybe?

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Is the only reason why they can't go because their aunt is coming over for dinner?

hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Why the hell can't they go
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Lol 

lucyblue202
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Why wouldn't you let them go after dinner?

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
8 moms liked this
BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Whats the reason they cant go?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
9 moms liked this

Why can't they go?

Separating them from their peer group and a school event only serves to hinder their social life and alienate them from the majority of their classmates.

You need to think about that.

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Psh; don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll eventually do something that they think is even worse lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
18 moms liked this

lol @ all the CMers saying you're awful for not letting them go.

Don't worry; they're young; just wait til they get into high schoo; and you tell them they can't do something they want to do. THEN you'll be the worst mom ever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)