Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old ate deodorant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Well I was on the phone with my MIL and I didn't see DS. He was being extremely quiet, so I went to see where he was. He was in his room and he jumped up when I walked in and I seen the deodorant on the floor. It's WAS in the trash in the bathroom. So anyway I freaked and smelled his mouth, mad him blow his breath and that's all I smell. I called poison control since I don't know if he ate some or just licked it. Thankfully it's not that serious. Just keep him on clear liquids incase he does vomit. Uh I'm so mad at myself!!

And why does poison control need the zip code and childs name? Do they have to report it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
BUMP
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
They use it as the lookup info for future regency in case you feel the need to call back so the new operator can look up your child and see what was already talked about. My DD once ate a stain stick
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Yeah dd once played in some of my deoderant one morning when she woke up before I did. I think she was really just scrapping it off the stick to put in on rather than eating it, but yeah it scared me too but not as bad when I caught her opening a bottle of visine dh left on his nightstand (bad dh!!!) lucky for me she was "feeding" it to a baby doll and didn't drink any, but still had to push clear fluids and watch her like a hawk all day for any signs of getting sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:43 PM
It scares me, I was hospitalize when I was younger for eating rat poison. I think it was rat poison lol. But I try my hardest to make sure everything is out of reach. Did your DD get sick?

Quoting RoryPond:

They use it as the lookup info for future regency in case you feel the need to call back so the new operator can look up your child and see what was already talked about. My DD once ate a stain stick
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
No she was fine the guy was poison control could actually look up the exact product and said worst she would get was feel a little burning in her mouth, I don't think she even had that. Honestly he was the nicest stranger I have ever had to talk on the phone to

Quoting Anonymous:

It scares me, I was hospitalize when I was younger for eating rat poison. I think it was rat poison lol. But I try my hardest to make sure everything is out of reach. Did your DD get sick?

Quoting RoryPond:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I've been watching him like crazy, no coughing, breathing funny or vomiting . I was surprised she told me clear fluid. For some reason I thought they would say milk since it's thicker and help the stomach.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah dd once played in some of my deoderant one morning when she woke up before I did. I think she was really just scrapping it off the stick to put in on rather than eating it, but yeah it scared me too but not as bad when I caught her opening a bottle of visine dh left on his nightstand (bad dh!!!) lucky for me she was "feeding" it to a baby doll and didn't drink any, but still had to push clear fluids and watch her like a hawk all day for any signs of getting sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured