Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you get your child THAT for Xmas?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

This is DD's big gift for Xmas. She has proven herself this year that she can take care of her things and be careful with them, and that is a main thing that I've told her she has to learn if she wants anything electronic ( as in Ipod, or an Ipad ). I went to get the mail today, and saw my neighbor. She came over, and we got to talking about all the holidays coming up so quickly, and she said she didn't know what she was going to get her kid's for Xmas. I told her that I knew of one thing I was definitly getting DD. She asked what it is, and I told her. I'm getting her a tablet, with a case. Her reaction?

Why would I get my child THAT for Xmas?!

She says DD is too young for it, but I don't think she is at all. Like I said, she has proven to me that she can take care of her stuff, and be careful with it. DD is 8 years old. I told her the same thing I just posted here, and she just laughed it off, and said that she would never get her kids something that expensive and breakable. We talked a bit more, then she left.

I feel like if you teach a child to be careful with things like that, and take care of them, then they can have things like that. Apparently, she didn't agree with the reaction she had.

What is the big thing you are getting your kid(s) for Xmas?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this
You know your daughter. Who cares what she thinks. I think if she can take care of it and deserves it than go for it!!!!
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

DD is 5 and has an Ipad mini and a Kindle Fire. The has had the fire for 2 years and the Ipad for just about a year. Both are in perfect condition. She has been taught since day one how to treat them.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

i am wanting to give my dd one.  I just can't decide which.  I'm not going to get her an $800 ipad but a $200 tablet is ok.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
We're getting him that new DS that is for little ones. I think it's the 2DS. If it's out by then. I'm not sure.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I know a lot of kids much younger with them.
My dd got a toddler tablet when she was 2. I see nothing wrong with that. She's plenty old enough!
CGM2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM

DS (6) is getting a Nintendo DS.

I personally would never buy a tablet or computer for my kid until probably 13ish. He can use the house computer until then. He's responsible for things, but I want to be able to monitor what he is doing on the computer.

EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
We got our son a tablet last Christmas. He had just turned 6. It has a protective case and screen protector on it and is still in awesome shape.
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We are getting my son a tablet too. :) He's also eight. He's great with this belongings, so its not that big deal to us. We aren't going crazy like getting him a iPad, but something along those lines. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM

DD has been on my ass for 2 years about getting a tablet for her, and I have told her for 2 years that she has to prove to me that she can take care of it before I will even think about getting one for her. Well, she has proven to me just that. She has 3 electronics that she has had for 3 years and every one of them is in perfect condition and works just like the day she got them. She has no idea that I'm getting this for her, and I know when she wakes up on Xmas morning, and sees it, she will scream so loud everyone in this town will hear her!!! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

You know your daughter. Who cares what she thinks. I think if she can take care of it and deserves it than go for it!!!!

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM
If I could afford something like that for my daughter I would buy it too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN