Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I don't like kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Now, I know I will be bashed. But let me explain at least. I love my kids. I would do anything for them. But I really don't like the fact that they are kids. Kids can get on my nerves, and they are incredibly annoying. That is just fact. Sure, they can be sweet and lovable and great every now and then, but they need to be taught EVERYTHING, including boundaries. I think that is the most difficult part about being a parent. Babies are easy to me. You just need to make sure they survive. Feed them, change them, love them, make sure they have clean clothes and a warm bed. But once they start actually thinking and try pushing your buttons... oh it drives me crazy!!! I don't like discipling. I don't like getting angry because my kids don't listen--because we all know kids don't always listen. I deal with it because I'm a parent and I want what's best for them, but seriously? 18 years of this?? I know if I'm a good parent, I should have no problems, but don't all kids go through the teen years where they think they know it all and want to take risks? Idk... I have a love/hate relationship with kids. It's like I care about them and would do anything to make sure a kid wasn't being hurt, but they can be so annoying sometimes and take everything for granted. Am I just a bad person for feeling like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I'm the opposite; I did not like the baby stage. I love the kid stage!

Besides that; I don't know what to tell you. I don't think you are a bad person... but I'd be concerned that you don't really like your own kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I love my kids a ton. But they frustrate me so much!!! Maybe that's more of a word for it: frustration.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the opposite; I did not like the baby stage. I love the kid stage!

Besides that; I don't know what to tell you. I don't think you are a bad person... but I'd be concerned that you don't really like your own kids.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh. I don't like kids at all other than my own. Plus, I'll be honest and say that I'm enjoying my own much more now that none of them are babies or toddlers any longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don't think you are a bad person. Kids can be frustrating at times. Since you are saying you "don't like kids". I think you should make sure you have someone you can talk to when you are frustrated so you don't take it out on your children.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Mine are 5 and under. Perhaps I'll enjoy them a little better once they grow up a little more. I love helping my oldest with her homework and hearing about what she learned in school.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Meh. I don't like kids at all other than my own. Plus, I'll be honest and say that I'm enjoying my own much more now that none of them are babies or toddlers any longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

my confession: I don't like adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Thank you :) I needed that. I do tell my husband to let me take a moment outside when I get really frustrated. I don't know what I would do if I took the anger out on them.

Quoting Mom2RSD:

I don't think you are a bad person. Kids can be frustrating at times. Since you are saying you "don't like kids". I think you should make sure you have someone you can talk to when you are frustrated so you don't take it out on your children.  Good luck!

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Mine are both very frustrating, especially my 12yo. I miss the baby phase so much. I'm not a kid person so I feel like parenting isn't as easy for me as it is for other people.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Why did you have kids then
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN