Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you or anyone you know lost their parental rights?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this

The phrase "lose their parental rights" has been thrown around a lot in my family and friends lately.  I was just curious to what somebody does that the courts take away their rights.  Just a curiousity thing.  No judgement. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I haven't.

I have some ex-friends who lost custody of their oldest son.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

My SIL's ex beat the crap out of her in front of their 5 year old. He lost all his rights.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
My bil and his baby mama have. We are trying to adopt their daughter now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixtlisMomme
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
5 moms liked this
They would have to kill me first
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

MY kid's bio-mom lost her right. She did drugs during her entire pregnancy. Took cocaine in the hospital right before delivery (because she did't want an epidural); both girls came out testing positive for drugs. That on top of the fact she lost 4 other children because she attempted to stab their father in front of them meant she lost my girls too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
i knew someone who temperarly did. because she choose friends and drugs over her child. SHE WAS TRYING TO HAVE FOR A FEW YRS. I guess she has her back... I ran into her a few days ago with her little girl. just waved/smiled and went on my way....

my cousing lost all her kids for the same reason.... she choose drugs and an abusive ex over her kids. they were all adopted out. she had 5. one (or 6... ) one of them passed as a baby from being left in the carseat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

DS's mother lost her rights. Abuse and neglect and a refusal to follow the plan laid out by the social workers were the reasons.

RandomlyPretty
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My best friend runs a home daycare and accepts state assisted families. We see it a lot. A couple on drugs: mom turned herself in and gave up her kids to get straight. The kids live with Grandma and Grandpa and have supervised visitation with the kids.

That and I work in a correctional facility. It's a daily thing for me.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know anyone who has lost their parental rights.

Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I know someone who got their three daughters 'taken away' and put in foster care. This has been the third time and it has been about 2 years now that she hasn't had them, so I'm not sure if she still has parental rights or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)