Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

calling all goodwill shoppers. if you're a goodwill basher please don't bring your rude comments in here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am extremely happy! I went to goodwill just to browse and I found a baby playmat with music and toys for only $6, a musical play ad crawl ball for only $3, a car seat attachment with toys to entertain baby on the road for only $0.69, a big thick winter jacket for my son only $6, a complete Mario bro costume for Halloween only $4.99 and a cars toy chest only $5 but I only spend a total of $19.45 because there was a sale going on. All of the stuff just needs to be washed the toys disinfected with Lysol and they are in great condition. The baby playmat alone is like $30 brand new at the sfore so this all was an awesome deal. I am having a bit of financial problems but as long as my children are happy they do not have to know we are poor. Anybody else have great buys at second hand stores?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have managed to make my entire bellydance costume for less than 30 dollars. I buy most of my clothes from there. I love goodwill
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I like Goodwill. I donate and buy from there. I found a ton of winter clothes for my dd and my cousin baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Awesome. Usually they're highly over priced

I have a great local 2nd hand shop here, all the money goes back into our community and they're pretty cheap
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I picked up a formal dress and heels for the military ball for $20 a few weeks ago.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Most of my maternity clothes comes from there. Love them!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I was invited to goodwill's friends & family event last Sunday - everything I bought was either 50 or 75% off! I got a practically-new Krups waffle iron, some kids games, a jacket and a couple pairs of pants for my ds, several outfits for my 5 yr old twins (including a brand new Gymboree outfit!), some vintage mugs and a wool coat for myself -- all for $35!
kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I get alot of clothes from there and toys plus more like precious moments figurines
HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Our Goodwill sucks. But we have an awesome St. Vincent DePaul. Same thing basically. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM
It is insane how much those baby play mats cost! I sae one for $80 once at target whaaat!

Great finds, I love goodwill!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I got my toddler a pair of Michael Kors dress shoes for $2 and they were in brand new condition. Kids clothes are $1 at the local thrift store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)