Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all you heartless women....

Posted by   + Show Post
Why so much ridicule to moms about getting public assistance or WIC?? Your quick to say that they are bad parents or that they shouldnt have had kids if their funds arent right...I sure hope that you arent teaching your kids to act like that.I can just picture your kids being stuck up just like you, probably bullying another child at school because they dont have designer clothes on..Not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth and sometimes families do fall on hard times.I pray for you hateful people and of course praying for the ones in need of a little help.

And by all means, please direct your hate towards me. And feel free to disguise yourselves with the Anon button.....SHAKING MY HEAD
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
4 moms liked this
I especially love then sahms who judge. Because technically they are living off someone else's income, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I had my son when I was 29.  Good career, good money, 6 months savings, etc.  When he was 8 I became disabled and couldnt work.  That 6 months was taken in - well - 9  months (I cut way back) and still not able to work and fighting for SSDI.  I had to take assistance for awhile.  We can plan and do the right thing, etc, and life still happens.

LovingSAHMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

No hate from me and no need to go anon, but I will say this -

I don't think people that are on government assistance should be trying to have more kids if they can't afford the ones they have. It's just not morally right, imo, to have kids if you need someone else to pay for them. With that being said, I know that people fall on hard times and I think it's great that there are programs out there to help. The last thing I would ever want is a child going to bed hungry at night. I don't judge someone's situation unless I know everything about it, and that's rarely, bc I try to mind my own business.

Lastly, I do hold some judgemental opinions on certain things, but my kids will never know of them. I shield them from things like that. I have no desire to pass those opinions onto them. So, just because someone may have bad opinions about people on welfare doesn't necessarily mean that their kids are going to bully yours.

Well said!

Well, thank ya! :)

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Why do people come in here waving a ginormous red flag screaming, "I'm new! I'm new!"

It seems some would be smart enough to just lay low until they get things figured out.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

The little green guy says you're new, but somehow I think you're not new. Hmmmmm....

iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the same group of women who thinks you're a bad parent for feeding your kids Ramen Noodles or Hamburger helper.

Don't waste your time here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Hi newbie!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I am teaching my child to be financially stable , financially responsible, be educated and stable in their career of choice BEFORE having children. To always have back up plans, and to be as prepared as possible for whatever life throws their way.  If you think that is the norm of PA recipient on this site, you must be new. The majority were in bad situations when they decided to have kids, had no education, no worth while job experience, and no back up just in case the unthinkable happened.

katyq
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I don't have anything bad to say about families who are temporarily down and out. We all need a little help sometime, in some way or another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
And there are people who are both lazy and entitled - the one's who abuse PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

there are 2 extremes mostly in America.

The lazy and the entitled.

Since most of us are one or the other, we assume others are as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN