Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wanted to brag on my family

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is my husband and son at our cub scouts pack meeting this week. My husband decided to join as a den leader to be more involved in our sons life. Because cub scouts has become so important to him, its important to all of us. My son has dealt with and over come a lot the past few years. Being diagnosed with ADHD combined type and ODD lifted a huge weight off of all of us. Ds has grown so much. He is now in a private home school for other kids with ADD or ADHD. Its a place he is accepted. He can suffer a melt down and the teachers can handle it. He's not afraid of getting in trouble so the melt downs are nearly nonexistent.
He has had a spelling test every week since his second week. He's made a perfect score on every single test.
He is blooming into such a sweet gentle caring and funny little boy. He is confident with himself and he is finally happy.

As for my husband, I became a single mother at the age of 17. I met my husband when ds was 20 months. We were both 18 at the time. I was in a bad spot and my husband saw that. He fell in love with my little boy right away. We actually met on a Friday and by that Sunday we were living together. We have been together nearly 6 years now. He's a great daddy. At 18 he stepped up as a man and he became a daddy without blinking. He did what my sons own blood father wouldn't do for him. And I am beyond thankful for the blessing of having him in our lives.

Plus....

That red hair!!! Don't ya just love it?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Mobile Photo

At pack meetings the den leaders give own badges and belt loops to the boys that have earned them thru out the month.

My poor hubby was so nervous! But he did great.
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Mobile Photo

Our baby girl is in love with scouting. She does everything her big brother does. So I got the OK from my pack master to buy her a belt loop to be presented to her at the meeting. She was so excited and so heart breakingly adorable I nearly cried watching her receive her fishing belt loop
connorsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM

he is fiiine girl

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Mobile Photo

Showing off her belt loop
brenda025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats awesome!!!

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Haha my aunt thinks he is just sex on a stick lol

She said if I kill over she gets first dibs lol. My family is twisted.

Quoting Anonymous:

he is fiiine girl

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Quoting BraydensMama163:

Mobile Photo

Cute girl, why isn't she in Girl Scouts?
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
She's only 4 :(

She has to be in k5 before she can join. But we are counting down the days till she can join!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Mobile Photo

Cute girl, why isn't she in Girl Scouts?
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Doing an achievement for scouts one night :) never seen them laugh so hard
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured