Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A 504 ***i repeat, she did not eat the eggs!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Plan if the school isn't going to follow it???

I am so pissed right now I could chew on hot nails!

My daughter is deathly allergic to eggs.  The first week of school we have a DETAILED 504 plan laid out.  Everyone attended, all her teachers, counselor, etc.  The nurse assigned explained to the minute detail everything that should be done in case she has an allergic reaction.  

Today she went through the breakfast line to obtain a juice as usual and the cafeteria worker handed her a tray with eggs on it.  My daughter refused it but the lady said since she touched it she has to take it.

Immediate reaction to the egg and absolutely no one followed through on the 504 plan.

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Replies (301-306):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM

she didn't eat the eggs as brought out in the title

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IamMex11:

lol....so you go write a whole other post about it coward?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IamMex11:

yea...well you learned your abc's in Kindergarten and still don't know how to read a post.  She didn't eat the eggs as I have mentioned already.  Reading is fundamental.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your daughter? Can she not follow the no eating eggs in the cafeteria?I would say teach her better if she doesn't know that. All of my kids at school know what they shouldn't eat even kindergarten.

Well, since you don't seem to know how to write a post and explain all of the details what is a person supposed to assume. If she didn't eat them then how did she have a reaction to them. I am not reading all of your answers you should of updated your post. It seems as if Maybe you have a problem explaining what went wrong. Maybe you should of taken strory writing so you could of explained it better.

Your child would of NOT Stood next to me while I read your email and you would of NOT gotten the reaction you wanted out of me. Those kind of people that send nasty notes or emails to school like that we have names for you and they are not nice.

Actually no I did not write a whole other post about it because of this I have been reading on here for a very how people bash the schools. That is why I wrote a post but I put my response to you in there because it seems as if you seem to have a VERY LARGE chip on your shoulder and that everyone is wrong, but you. Moving on.

If she didn't eat the eggs then why are you so pissed at everyone else? Teach your 11 yr old what to do. IMy 11 yr old would know what to do .

opal10161973
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I agree, but the difference is that Howie would have only had to wash his hands, while I could have gone into respiratory arrest.  It's the same kind of extreme reaction that people with peanut allergies can have.  I sometimes only have minutes to get away from the odor before my throat starts to swell.  Unfortunately, it has not been witnessed by any medical personnel, so I don't have an Epi pen, nor will they give me one at this time.  It's one of the reasons that I don't shop much at this time of year.  Those effing brooms are EVERYWHERE!  UGH!

BTW Howie is a germophobe and it is OCD.  It is one of the most common fears, actually. 

Quoting IamMex11:

a little off topic but you know who howie mandel is right? I just love him.  He has that disorder (not sure what its called, probably in the OCD family) and can't shake hands.  i saw an episode in one of his shows and the guy just runs up and grabs him by the hands and it just sickened me how people don't respect others personal space, like what that guy did to you!

Quoting opal10161973:

People think I'm BSing them when I tell them that I am allergic to cinnamon scented things.  Just the fake stuff, not real cinnamon.  They think it's funny and make jokes.  I even had one guy throw cinnamon at my food.  All I could say was, "That's funny, but I'm not allergic to real cinnamon."  I wanted to punch him in the face. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The same way kids have reactions to peanuts.
I'm highly allergic to flowers, perfumes, scented lotions and candles. They make my airway close. I don't use any of those but others do.

Quoting Jamie1972:

I'm confused so explain to me please, how your dd had an allergic reaction if she eats at home and brings lunch to school.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Definitely consider it! We have family that still live there. We visit them every Christmas. My mom lives in Duluth, I hate it. Gwinnett County (at least in the area we lived) has a great school system. Hope your dd is okay :)

Quoting IamMex11:

It is my friend moved there last year and has been trying to get me to come ever sense.  

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

We lived in Suwannee before moving to Florida a couple years ago. LOVED it!!! It's pricey, but well worth it.

Quoting IamMex11:

We are looking at Suwanee! Thank you...appreciate that

Quoting jackman:

Try to stay in the Suwanee, sugar hill, dacula areas. Stay away from Lawrenceville. Horrible district and they don't care about the children. I'm so sorry about your child. I would lose it!

Quoting IamMex11:

We are looking to move to Gwinnett, in this case though, i think it was a disconnect in communication and that can happen anywhere

Quoting jackman:

I work in dekalb but live in barrow. I did go to Gwinnett county schools my whole life and they were ok. So many kids though.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I don't get it...just touching a tray with eggs on it is enough to cause a reaction?  If she then she either needs to learn to say excuse me...I have allergies...and Idc how shy she is she has to learn to say it or she should eat at home.  I mean yes the school is stupid and I'd be screaming at them.  But I think I'd tell dd are you going to be polite if someone hands you poison? Girl you got to speak up for yourself.

Quoting IamMex11:

my daughter is very shy. she said she tried to tell her but the lady hurried her through. she is so polite she took it! I told her next time drop the tray and I will worry about the consequences

Quoting WrstMomever:

Did your daughter tell the food lady she was allergic and couldnt take it?

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

well she certainly understands that now...this is going to be trial and error for both of us.

Quoting MicheleJM:

I don't get it...just touching a tray with eggs on it is enough to cause a reaction?  If she then she either needs to learn to say excuse me...I have allergies...and Idc how shy she is she has to learn to say it or she should eat at home.  I mean yes the school is stupid and I'd be screaming at them.  But I think I'd tell dd are you going to be polite if someone hands you poison? Girl you got to speak up for yourself.

Quoting IamMex11:

my daughter is very shy. she said she tried to tell her but the lady hurried her through. she is so polite she took it! I told her next time drop the tray and I will worry about the consequences

Quoting WrstMomever:

Did your daughter tell the food lady she was allergic and couldnt take it?

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

thank you.

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Definitely consider it! We have family that still live there. We visit them every Christmas. My mom lives in Duluth, I hate it. Gwinnett County (at least in the area we lived) has a great school system. Hope your dd is okay :)

Quoting IamMex11:

It is my friend moved there last year and has been trying to get me to come ever sense.  

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

We lived in Suwannee before moving to Florida a couple years ago. LOVED it!!! It's pricey, but well worth it.

Quoting IamMex11:

We are looking at Suwanee! Thank you...appreciate that

Quoting jackman:

Try to stay in the Suwanee, sugar hill, dacula areas. Stay away from Lawrenceville. Horrible district and they don't care about the children. I'm so sorry about your child. I would lose it!

Quoting IamMex11:

We are looking to move to Gwinnett, in this case though, i think it was a disconnect in communication and that can happen anywhere

Quoting jackman:

I work in dekalb but live in barrow. I did go to Gwinnett county schools my whole life and they were ok. So many kids though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)