Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! She absolutly refuses.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

I have been working with my soon to be 3 yr old for nearly 6 months now on potty training.  She absolutly refuses to go on the potty.   She will go into a screaming fit if I even mention going on the potty.   Under normal circumstances this wouldn't really be an issue, except.....the daycare she goes too, (the ONLY one in this town) won't take them after their 3rd birthday unless they are potty trained and out of diapers.  I am a single mother, and I can not afford to take her to the next nearest day care as it is nearly 30 miles away, and 28 miles in the opposit direction of my job.  I don't know what to do here.  I can't not work!!  Someone please help me!!  How do I get this child to use the dang potty???  I've tried bribs and everything else I can think of, short of punishment.  I don't want to punish her!!!!  Uh, I just don't know what to do!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Does the day care help with potty training?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I understand not wanting to punish her, but sounds like it's about time to try it.
me_plus3
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
What is her favorite animal? On amazon they have animal potty seats that fit on the toilet with steps to it. That worked like a charm with my dd. I had the same problem you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

NO!!  I wish!!

Quoting kitty8199:

Does the day care help with potty training?

ewunia79
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
It sounds like a bad idea but I just about had it with my son and I did told him that he would stay on his bed if he won't use potty and he won't go to playground. Hey it worked! So now you can bash me !!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand not wanting to punish her, but sounds like it's about time to try it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I dont know, With my ds We do M&Ms and donald duck stickers, We only use pullups when im doing somthing and dont want a surprise puddle ( Or worse) on the carpet They have wheels on them and i tell him not to pee on the wheels. He had 2 good days, and today was a flop....... Hes 2. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Her favorite is Pooh Bear, and I've already tried the Pooh Bear seat, it sings and makes funny noises.  She'll play with it and make it make noise, but I go to sit her on it.....all hell breaks loose!

Quoting me_plus3:

What is her favorite animal? On amazon they have animal potty seats that fit on the toilet with steps to it. That worked like a charm with my dd. I had the same problem you do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What have you tried? Ds was a pain in the ass to potty train too. He will be 6 next month and I JUST got him to wipe  his own butt this summer. Some kids are so damn stubborn.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

we did the 3 day potty training method and it worked.   my DD would scream as well.  the first day we had an accident almost every 30 minutes, the second day we had about 1/2 that, but the 3rd day we were out and about and she did great.  had maybe 3 accident.  by day 4 she was down to 1, and day 5 none.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

use the regular toilet.  makes it so much easier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN