Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husbands dying and doesn't care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 349 Replies
1 mom liked this

I married an older man, I've always liked them older. More responsible, mature, ready to settle down. Thats what I wanted for my son and I. I met Dan and it was perfect. Now, 2 years later his health is going downhill fast and he won't do a thing about it. Hes 34 years old and coughs blood, pees blood, pukes blood, coughs until he has to fight for his breath, chest pain, pain in his left arm, he has no upper body stregnth, his legs are swollen up and yellow-ish with big red sores that leak gross white stuff. Hes ONLY 34! Not 90. The newest problem is his legs. He will NOT go to the doctor. He hasn't been to the doctor in years. All these health problems still affect him, just come and go. If I know something is bothering him, I ask him whats wrong and his response, every single time  is "none of your damn business"  He has full coverage insurance threw his work and no reason why he can't go except he doesn't care.

I'm only 21. I have a 4 year old son who is attached to him and is starting to notice when daddy is hurting or sick and cries and ask whats wrong with daddy. Its not fair to me or my son that he won't get the medical help he needs. If he cared about us, he would get the medical attention he needs so he could be around for years to come. He wants to have another baby, but i refuse too. I want another baby, but why would I bring another baby into the picture, when his health is decreasing so fast? Its not fair to make another child watch their daddy die. This has been going on for over a year.  It causes so much stress and then his family goes on and on about how if anything happens to DH, its on my concience because as his wife I should make sure hes getting the medical help he needs.  I've tried EVERYTHING I can. I even called the ambulance once when he was REALLY bad and he refused to go and they couldn't force him.

I don't want it on my concience if he dies. I just want him to go to the dr. I've talked to him, tried guilt tripping him, bribing him, ANYTHING. No way, not gonna happen.

What do you do in a situation like this? I love him. I don't want to ever lose him but I care about my son more and refuse to let him watch his daddy die. His biological dad died in a car accident when he was only 5 months old. Now the man he considers his dad is dying too? I've threatend to leave, he says "theres the door" and could care less.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM
8 moms liked this

Wow, I hope you're a Troll! Cause that does not sound good!

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You are a fool for staying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
23 moms liked this

get some like insurance and don't be cheap about it .

luckythreemom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Call an abulance. He will go when they haul him away.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

34??? 

This is really hard to believe.   What is wrong with him?  He needs to be checked out FAST with oozing sores.  That could be cancer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quoting wooly:

Wow, I hope you're a Troll! Cause that does not sound good!

I wish i was a troll. But he really is stubborn. His dad was the same way, and thats why his mom divorced him. He died early too. I think thats why he does this but he should see, how painful his dad died and how young he was and want different for himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM

hs as he been tested for............hiv? hep c?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

34??? 

This is really hard to believe.   What is wrong with him?  He needs to be checked out FAST with oozing sores.  That could be cancer. 

Only 34 and his family has a long line of medical issues. Cancer being one of them. Multiple types and stages of cancer.

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Is he a drug addict?  I can't picture what affliction a 34 year old would have with all those symptoms.

Arwyn 724 

SaratheV
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
10 moms liked this

Stop threatening and just leave. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)