Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Mother in Law doesn't exist to me anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I am tired of her ways. She has been leaving my children out and showing strong favor to her other grandchildren. She purposely leaves me out of family communications. I have been very nice to her. I have tried everything to be accepted by her. Nothing is working. She will always see me as the white girl that "took" her son away. She is Asian and cannot accept me if she tried. She wanted her son to marry from his their community and she didn't get that when he decided to marry me. She treats me like an outcast and I am done with her. What is most hurtful is that she treats her other daughter in law like gold- and I am treated like dirt. I will no longer try to be accepted by her. She is a racist, manipulative witch and I will never see her again. Thank goodness she lives in another state!

venting is over 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Would you do the same thing if you were treated like this for 3 years?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Sorry to hear she's like that. It's her loss. I am so glad I get along with my MIL. I absolutely love his parents and I'm not sure I could be with someone if their parents hated me. You're not alone though, I've seen a lot of other posts like yours.
katydid150
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I would cut her out, too. No way would I tolerate that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

To be honest, some days I regret marrying a man who's mom doesn't like me for reasons I can't control (my race). When we fell in love, I wanted to marry him so bad and I didn't care if his family agreed or not. I just wanted to be with him. Now that i am with him, it is hard to be in this family. I love him very much and he is excellent, but it's hard not to be accepted. I just have to find a way to move on so I can get back to a healthy, positive way of thinking. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry to hear she's like that. It's her loss. I am so glad I get along with my MIL. I absolutely love his parents and I'm not sure I could be with someone if their parents hated me. You're not alone though, I've seen a lot of other posts like yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I would do the same thing. My Mil is cut off too. We should start an Evil mil group. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I'm in! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do the same thing. My Mil is cut off too. We should start an Evil mil group. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
There already is one lol. I believe its called my mother in law is a crapburger.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nee86
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
My sister has the same issue. She is white and married an Asian man. We treat him like family, his mother treats my sister like crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I guess the good news is, I shouldn't take it personal. But it's still so hard to be left out of everything. What's most hurtful is the fact that my children are left out. It just kills me to think about it. My kids don't deserve this. I hate her. Funny thing is, she is religious and prays to God. She is a pure hypocrite. 

Quoting Nee86:

My sister has the same issue. She is white and married an Asian man. We treat him like family, his mother treats my sister like crap.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya.  I divorced my GMIL a year before she died.  happiest year of the many we knew each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured