Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this right? I need help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
WIC office said that my toddler shouldn't have anymore than 2 cups of milk or dairy a day. This includes yogurt, cheese, etc. or he'll become overweight. He just turned 1 so I'm mixing it in with his formula with more milk every few days until he completely makes the switch. She said he should have juice and water. He doesn't like juice, he doesn't need juice, and he doesn't really like water. He's only drank a few sips a few times. My question is, is that an adequate amount? Everywhere that I've read says they should 16-24oz a day. Do I offer the milk at mealtimes, or in between meals like I do with formula? She suggested a cup in the morning and a cup at night, but I don't like that schedule.

Come to think of it, I don't even need WIC anymore. I can afford to buy eggs and milk. So maybe I won't take her advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Bump please
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Bump
seksen
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Sometimes they are over bearing!! My son is a huge milk drinker, like 5 cups a day and always has been and he is far from over weight. Dont give him a lot of juice its not as good for him.
jayray51413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I give my son at least four cups of milk a day. One when he first wakes up. One before nap time. One after nap time. And one before bed. He loves his milk.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I stop WIC at one so I have no clue. I never really let my kid be a dairy drinker. You can get calcium and what not from green leafy veggies than drinking milk.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Babies do not need juice. I doubt he will become overweight with more than two cups of dairy. Everything in moderation though. Like there is a difference between Greek yogurt and honey and a sugar filled yogurt. I would use your judgement. More than once processed cheese string is not really healthy while other options can be.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I personally never gave my daughter that much milk simply because the more milk she drank, the less she wanted to eat. She got a cup at breakfast and a cup at dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)