Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I may catch heat for this...But I want to know what you think.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I know men who abuse are horrible monsters and the woman should leave them immediately.

But, do you think it is possible to take a mild manner man, one who would be a great husband and dad, one that has never been abused or has abusive tendencies and if he gets with a woman who is controlling, mean, manipulative and constantly verbally abuses him, do you think he could snap and become abusive?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomsMama07
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Possibly!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Hmm my brother had an abusive girlfriend but he left her he never laid a hand on her.
504bbymami
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Def possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM

That's good that he left.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm my brother had an abusive girlfriend but he left her he never laid a hand on her.

Andreaaa81
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM

This is a strange question. Does a woman who is verbally abused, manipulated and controlled become abusive? Are you asking if women cause their men to abuse them?

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I suppose anything's possible. It's not the likely scenario though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Basically if it's possible for her to be so mean to him that he becomes abusive.
Quoting Andreaaa81:

This is a strange question. Does a woman who is verbally abused, manipulated and controlled become abusive? Are you asking if women cause their men to abuse them?

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Yea, same with battered woman's syndrome, I think that's what it's called

Why can't a man experience the same things as a woman? They can be torn down just as much as a woman can...

Have I seen it happen? Not really. Dude was already abusive, it was just an all around abusive/toxic relationship.... but I gotta believe, if a woman can go through it, a man can as well
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna go with no. Any man with decency and self respect would leave rather than abusing her because she abuses him. I know a few men who have terrible abusive wives and they have never laid a finger on them. I mean they are stupid for staying but not abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Of course. Women snap why can't men.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured