Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Got yelled at by a woman at Friendly's last night.

Posted by   + Show Post
DS earned enough points on his reward chart that he was able to pick out something to do. He picked going out to dinner and decided he wanted to go to Friendly's. So we get there and they're all decorated for Halloween. It was cute. Some of the decorations moved. There were these moaning ghosts that moved back and forth across this wire. They were activated by noise or movement...but usually they got them going by clapping. So the servers would do it for the kids when they were on their way to the table. We were seated right next to one of them. I didn't mind. DS made a big deal out of it, acting like he was scared, bc that's what he does for attention. Its obnoxious but we got him to knock it off.

Well, there was this bigger kid who was seated on the other side of the restaurant that seriously spent the entire time we were there clapping at the ghost by our table. It was really annoying. Every two minutes (I'm not exaggerating) he would clap and it would go off. Not only was the clapping annoying (not the decoration-his clapping) but he was in people's way! He bumped into our table numerous times and almost knocked over my soda, servers had to say "Excuse me" multiple times and he just kept clapping.

So I finally had enough and I said VERY NICELY "Hey honey. Why don't you go sit with your family for awhile? Maybe give some of the people who are coming in a chance to try the ghost."

Well, he very nicely said "Ok" and wandered back to his table and then about five minutes later I hear loud talking and this big woman comes over and starts yelling at me about how I was nasty to her kid and he has every right to play with the toys and if a white or hispanic kid was doing it (weird, right? Hispanic?) I'd be fine with it. So I'm just like "Look. They're not toys. They're decorations. They're not meant to be messed with constantly. I was nice. Please leave."

So she like left and then sat in the back and kept bitching about me and our server said she even asked that I be removed from the restaurant. The manager said that I hadn't really done anything to warrant being removed from the business lol. Then when she was walking out she made a point to cross and go over my way and breathe heavily and stare at me. I just smiled.

I mean, really. How ridiculous. She should have had enough common sense to not let her kid-who was at least 8 or 9-mess with that thing constantly. Even my five year old knows that when you're in a restaurant, you sit down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Replies (111-120):
ericanicole27
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to brush this off as some people are just ghetto ass, obnoxious, "not all the way there" idiots. It's hard and frustrating and it *almost* wants to make you lower to their level but if you did, you'd be an idiot just like her. Good job mama for keeping your cool!!

laurenryan
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
When ds was young, I decided that I didn't like other people's children. I only liked my own, because I couldn't discipline their kids. I'm the oldest of 8. I don't discriminate. If you are annoying you are annoying. Especially those baby pterodactyls that scream in their high chairs. Of course the moms think its cute. I say,'welcome to the zoo.'
JT95687
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM

she sounds like a crazy asshat... you did fine ;)

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Thankfully the kid listened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purplepersian
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

This is going to make me sound old and im only 27 .When i was a child i was tauht to respect my elders along with my parents this child was was disrespecting both. If my child had done what this child had i would be walking over and aploigizing to you for my childs actions not only me but my child would be apoligizing to you op.Thats just me though I care about other peoples feelings and i want the same thing for my children.I dont want to raise my kids to be self cetered and not care about what they do or say and how it effects other people.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I was just repeating what she said. I wasn't giving the description of the family when I was explaining what was going on bc in my eyes it wasn't relevant.

Quoting Anonymous:

you did when you stated she pointed out you wouldn't care if it was a white or hispanic kid

doing it

Quoting spooky415:

She was.

And the funny thing is I was reading this back to my husband to make sure it made sense and he was like "You didn't even put their race."

He says I should have said "I don't discriminate. All kids get on my nerves."

Quoting Anonymous:

All bets she was black. Lol You know, because only a BLACK kid would have been annoying as hell doing that. Lol *Sarcasm*

(Yes, I know not all black people do this, and yes....we love you for it).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL. Smart. She saved what...30 bucks total?

How much can you even spend at Friendlys? I think we spent like $32 before tip. Because we all got ice cream.

Quoting BEXi:

She was looking for a free meal.. I bet she got her shit comped or at least discounted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wagners7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Well that wasn't very Friendly.  The staff should have stood up more for you if they saw how annoying the boy was being and had to say something.  But atleast he was curtious in his reply.  Too bad his mother is moron.  

victoria1971
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What a bitch I would of told the mgr to remove her bcs she can't control her child. This happened to me once with a few kids whose moms were in a restaurant getting drunk and their kids were everywhere. I ended up tripping one and the mom looked at me and I told her she got in my way. They sat down after that lol
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM
My kids are 5 and 2 and dont do that yea point giggle try and get them to move but would stay in there seats
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN