Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nursing homes.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 81 Replies
Would or will you put your parents in a home? IMO I think it's horrible to put parents in a home. In my culture you don't see that. The parents when unable to do for themselves lives with one of the children and is taken care if by all. I know I don't want to be put in a home.

Ok, a lot if you ladies seriously hate your parent(s) so on you can't wait to stick them
In a home. Think about your future. Do you want to be stuck in a home and forgotten? And don't say it doesn't, because I know what happens in homes, and how family is never around. It's sad.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Depends, my great grandmother was in a home it was the best thing for her, she needed around the clock care and that was the best place for her to get it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My mom passed away young and my dad will be his wife's concern. If it's up to me, he'll go in a home. Why would I put myself and my children out to do for him when he never did for me?
javakitty2011
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
3 moms liked this

never say never. All depends on what medical care they would need. I've seen so many families bring their parent in after finding they cant care for them, stressed from the dementia and so forth. It's a godsend for many. I would definitley take care of my mother as long as I could but know that it may come to a point where 24 hr nursing care would be better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
My "family" stuck my grandparents in a home because they cant get up off their lazy asses to do anything and have every excuse in the book, I truly wish for this reason alone I didn't move 1100 miles away 22 years ago, I would care for them, I would do whatever needed to be done
Josie_P
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Never.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Here in Ontario you have to meet a certain criteria before you can even apply to go to one. Even then the process can take quite a while. That's where I come in and assist the family with keeping their loved ones at home until they can get to one or eventually pass away. As for MY parents, it would depend on what they had. But just normal aging, no.
j3st3r
by Jedi on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

It depends.  My family has significant history of advanced Alzheimer's and dementia.  I wouldn't put my parents in a home unless I was truly unable to provide adequate care for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

My mom yes, my mil, fil or my dad nooo. My grandparents absolutely not, but my husbands grandparents yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad has passed away but my mother is still alive. My siblings and I already have a nursing home picked out. We looked long and hard to find the worse one we could.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hell no i have  volunteered in one and seen first hand how they are treated our prisoners are treated better than the elderly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)