Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i made it a year.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

today marks the one year anniversary that i have been at my current job.

i think about quitting daily.

i have almost walked out about ten times. i actually gave a two week notice about a month ago. my boss begged me to stay and asked for demands. none of which has been met as of yet. ( very simple things)

i am actually getting treated worse.

this weekend i asked for off. it will be my first weekend off in exactly a year. the managers get every weekend off. they let me know how MUCH of a major inconvenience it was for me to ask for this weekend off.

i am looking for another job, but i work so much i cant really find anything. i'm going to have to quit THEN get another job. the " i quit" video inspired me. this place too is worried about quantity than quality. and i have nothing to show for it . i too am thinking about a video. or post its. and maybe i will not come back after this weekend.

heres to a year of my life given up for this place. i have worked christmas, christmas eve, new years, valentines, forth of july, my kids birthdays, easter, and EVERY. WEEKEND. i have pulled a 36 hour shift by myself. i'm tired. i'm angry. i want a PERFECT song playing when i quit. lol

so...........heres to making it a year. cheers.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
What type of work? Just curious
aidyns_mommy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

a fucking hotel. where ive been doing the managers job for a year.

i'm not the manager.

Quoting Anonymous:

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Haha wish I could quit mine. I'm going back to school after this baby is born and then eventually I will
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Omg it sounds like my job Lil good luck
wixychixy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

*HUGS*  It's been 22 months for me working at home doing medical transcription.  It got way out of hand not long after I started.  Since I work at home I'm pretty much expected to be on call 24/7.  No holidays, no weekends.  Twice I ended up working days that I requested a month in advance.  I don't have any family or friends that can help me or I would have quit long ago.  I'm an ISC and still waiting to hear back from a lawyer on if there is anything I can legally do.  I have a long list of medical issues that I need to take care of, which is why I started working at home to start with.  I've been trying for 10 years to get insurance so I can go to the doctor.  I thought saving gas money would help me save money to get insurance and go to the doctor so I could get a decent job outside the home, but now I owe back taxes plus this year's taxes and can't get insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN