Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HomeWrecking Heather wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I go whether Homewrecker is there or not?

Options:

Be busy that day

Go and risk Homewrecker showing up But make sure to be super hawt that day

Ask if she'll be attending

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

My ex's mom invited me to a bday party for her grandson (my dd's cousin) They dont see dd often because they dont ask often and bio dad has only met dd 3 times becuase he's busy I guess idk

Anyway my dd is 3 and kind of knows his mom and brother but not enough to where I'm comfortable letting them just take her to the party. I try to accept every invite I get becuase my dd knowing his side of the family is important....BUT ex just informed me that he is going which means his fiance will probably be going. She was the other woman towards the end of our relationship and I'm not fond of her for many reasons. She was a bitch to me right after my dd was born and I don't want to be around her nor do I want my dd around her.

But I don't exactly want to tell my ex or his family that if she goes I wont Becuase that would make me look so freaking petty. And YES I know this is petty but I just dont care haha should I just say I'm busy instead of risking it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

be the bigger person

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

She's the slut. His mom knows that, everyone knows that.

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're uncomfortable with it, just say that since her father is going to be there, that he can take care of her since you have things you need to do that day.  If you do go, don't try to show up the other woman.  It will just show that you care.

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this

It's not petty. Your daughter is 3. They don't make a concerted effort to see her. There is no way I would subject myself to that. Make whatever excuse you want or tell the truth. Either way, don't go. 

ETA: I wouldn't send my daughter, either, even if they "insist".

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

you dont have to go.

She's your child. If he was getting visitation, they could see her then. Obviously he's a POS parent who could care less. That means, you dont have to care either!

Dont. go. You dont have to "suffer them" anymore, you arent with the jerk. If he wants his family to bond he can do it on his time. From the sound of your OP there is no "his time" and that is completely his fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

UGH I know I should but I just want to be the whiny littler person =[

Quoting mojogirl:

be the bigger person

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Just go.
It's for your kid
Love her more than you hate them ;-)
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I wouldn't go and I also don't think it's petty at all.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Dont do it.  I made the mistake of doing that once, showing up at my exs grandmothers funeral (i was invited by his mother) and the other woman was there.  She made a fool of herself trying to look indifferent but it still nearly tore me apart.  It was rough.  And we have been divorced TWO years!!  I decided from then on, no more.  Im not putting myself through that.  My exsil invited me to her daughters bday, i politely declined.  She invited me to her wedding, i again declined but told her to tell me where she registers and i will send a gift.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Be busy but arrange a playdate for the next weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)