Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want his daughter in my wedding. We came up with a solution..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies

I think we came up with a good compromise. My SD is going to stand at the door and greet people, she will direct people where to put any gifts. During the reception she is going to stand at the guestbook and make sure people sign it. My daughter can stand beside her if she wants to but I am not going to make her.

For those who say this marriage won't last, STFU. He just sprung this on me last night. I was panicking because it is really to late to change anything with the wedding. I have 2 bridesmaid and my maid of honor. All dresses have been ordered. It would be to late to get her a dress that matches. We have been together nearly 3 years and this is our first real hurdle. We love each other very much and plan to make this family work. 

I don't want DF's daughter to be in my wedding. She is a 10 year old drama queen. Everything has to be about her all the time. My fiance is insisting I put her in my wedding party and I don't want to. I'm not even putting my own daughter, also 10 in my wedding so why should I put future SD in? She can sit out with the rest of the audience. Sorry just needed to vent.

*more info* My daughter doesn't want to be in the wedding. She's really shy and doesn't like to have a lot of people looking at her. His daughter does but only because she likes to cause drama and she asked him if she could be. It is a smallish wedding but I already had my bridesmaids picked out. The wedding is in December. Not a lot of time for changes. I never said I didn't like his daughter. I just said she was s drama queen.

EDIT Ok well I am going to sleep on it and see what I can come up with. I'll talk to DF and STBSD tomorrow. Maybe we can come up with something. I would welcome more suggestions if you have any.

Just want to add one thing before I go to bed. I did not ask my daughter to be in the wedding. She asked me if she had to be and I told her no. She approached me with it, not the other way around. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Ok I won't get on you bc you just needed to vent and I get that. 

I just have to say that it's a really nice gesture and great way to start off if you both include your LO's.

Of course that depends if you can easily have them in the ceremony- are you having a small wedding, or will you be having wedding parties, bridesmaids etc.

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're not putting your dd in it, I see no reason why sd should be. BUT, if you have problems with her already, I can't see it ending well for you and your soon to be dh.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hoppers33:

If you're not putting your dd in it, I see no reason why sd should be. BUT, if you have problems with her already, I can't see it ending well for you and your soon to be dh.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Can I just say, she won't forget this.

I was her once. I didn't forget it. Them again my bitch ass step mom included both my older sisters and not me.

I never forgot it
Lilfootmommy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Its not just your wedding. Its his wedding too. He does have a say you know
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Quoting Hoppers33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Don't then.
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Well if your DD isn't in the wedding I don't see why your SD would be.... Are they both okay with not being in the wedding?
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this
If you're not putting your DD in I Don't see the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
4 moms liked this
Not a good start step mom.

Here is the order of importance to him

1. His child
2.His child's mother
3. You

Now his mom might be in there too...maybe before you. So, take a step back and gain some perspective. You are not the most important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)