Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The christians are after me!!! help!!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I posted this picture on my Facebook. I pulled up behind this guy in a brand new white ford f150 had his company bumper sticker on the back and his windows said Jesus saves. Money don't.

I thought it was kinda funny because the gut is driving a brand new truck. So obviously he has some money.

Anyway I posted the picture and said I get the message but wtf? I don't see the good lord paying my bills. Haha cute though.

I get a message from my idiot brother in law saying your wrong. God is the reason your husband is here. He is the reason your husband has a job and can make money to pay those bills. So yes Jesus saves, money don't.
I replied with well I guess your more optimistic than me then

He says oh no ma'am I'm a christian and a believer.
I said OK. I consider myself a christian but I am also of the mind set that you have a certain responsibility for your own life. God is not going to do everything for you. You kinda have to do for yourself.
His response was Philippians 4:13 (I believe) I can do anything thru god who strengthens me.
I just replied with I keep a plate by my sink that has that verse on it. Its a favorite of mine and I see it every day while I'm doing dishes. :)

Then my other bils wife starts in on how I couldn't even do for myself if it wasn't for god providing for me. If not for god I wouldn't have anything. I am not responsible of my own life. God is in charge of everything.
Then my own aunt was like amen! Your right god is good and he knows all. He provides for his children. He takes care of us and he controls our lives.

I'm just like wtf.... With that logic I can shoot my husband and say god made me do it. He's responsible for me. And everyone would have to be like you that's true. The good lord does all.

Seriously? Idiots like this are why I don't take my kids to church. I'd rather them grow up thinking for themselves instead of having one christian thought pushed on them all their lives. I seriously want to slap them all. Omg.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Mobile Photo

This was the picture I took
MustBNapTime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM
17 moms liked this

when xmas comes, dont get them a gift.... then say "Oh, God didnt provide me a gift for you, sorry. Im not capable of doing it myself"

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes & no God is responsible for you shooting your husband. He knows your past, present, & future. He knows what path you will follow. aka Predestination. BUT He also gives you choices & a chance to not take that path. aka Free will.

One could (& I'm sure someone on here will) agrue if our lives are already predetermined then where does our free will come from?

Ashley_Carlson
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I'm sure they're all at home plotting to have you burned at the stake for your filthy heathen ways.

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM
What kills me is I posted the picture just cause I thought it was funny this guy is driving around in a brand new truck pretty much saying money is nothing but yet he made sure he was driving something brand new.

Kwim? And these people try bashing me publicly on my fb for what? Nothing. They took it totally out of context. Actually they just took an idea and ran with it. Really pisses me off about other Christians that they think its OK to belittle other people because they are right and no other christian with a slightly different view could possibly come close to being right cause we actually think!

Quoting CampClan:

Yes & no God is responsible for you shooting your husband. He knows your past, present, & future. He knows what path you will follow. aka Predestination. BUT He also gives you choices & a chance to not take that path. aka Free will.

One could (& I'm sure someone on here will) agrue if our lives are already predetermined then where does our free will come from?

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Or put a burning bag of dog shit on the proches and say sorry. I asked god for presents for you all and this is what he gave me to work with.
Blame him. He's horrible at gift giving. And merrily skip away to enjoy my devious Christmas

Quoting MustBNapTime:

when xmas comes, dont get them a gift.... then say "Oh, God didnt provide me a gift for you, sorry. Im not capable of doing it myself"

BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I know right. Obviously Christians aren't suppose to hold responsibility over themselves. We aren't suppose to think outside a 3000 year old book either.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I'm sure they're all at home plotting to have you burned at the stake for your filthy heathen ways.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM

*GASP* You have a mind of your own!? WITCH!!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I know right. Obviously Christians aren't suppose to hold responsibility over themselves. We aren't suppose to think outside a 3000 year old book either.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I am a Christian & I would just toss back this little nugget- "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". That should shut them up? I hope. But I do see where you are coming from. I was raised to believe what I believe, share it, but not shove it down others throats. 

Quoting BraydensMama163:

What kills me is I posted the picture just cause I thought it was funny this guy is driving around in a brand new truck pretty much saying money is nothing but yet he made sure he was driving something brand new.

Kwim? And these people try bashing me publicly on my fb for what? Nothing. They took it totally out of context. Actually they just took an idea and ran with it. Really pisses me off about other Christians that they think its OK to belittle other people because they are right and no other christian with a slightly different view could possibly come close to being right cause we actually think!

Quoting CampClan:

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM
7 moms liked this

I agree with everything your family told you.  You being hateful, talking behind their backs in a post titled "The Christians are after me" is completely disrespectful and tells me that as a Christian, you have no true respect for your beliefs.  That said, back to the original point - The entire point of Christianity is faith, right?  Meaning you should have faith in God to provide.  Those who assume that God will not help them are those who will not recieve help.  God isn't going to provide a miracle to make you believe, you have to believe to see the miracle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured