Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old is TOO old?! (To be "cool") LOL

Posted by   + Show Post

*Sorry about the length!*       

So, I am absolutely OBSESSED with music, Avenged Sevenfold (Rock) is my all time favorite band! I LOVE going to concerts so My Husband bought us VIP tickets and we were up close and personal last night at their concert!! I was in heaven! In the Pit, being almost squashed and moshed to death! I admit, I thoroughly enjoy mosh pits at these concerts and still go in them, sometimes even with my DAD! He's pretty awesome too.  

But anyway... Before the Concert;In the VIP line we stand, watching the truck loads of young punks walk up and suddenly.. BAM! Gray haired, clearly aged woman walks up with a band T-shirt and torn jeans, and looking like she is ready to Rock! Or have a heart attack... In the midst of "people watching" and "judging" this elderly lady I Looked at my husband and had a shocking glimpse of the future... That will be ME! And him.. We think we are so cool right now, and there are probably already kids here that think we are "too old" for this concert, let alone the PIT! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry (I laughed) thinking about our future as THAT couple you see dressed like they're still in their 20's well into their 50's 60's and beyond! And then I thought; My poor babies. My kids are going to be sooo embarrassed when they're older. Right now they think we are as cool as we think we are.. haha then I realized why mom did all the embarrassing things she did as we were growing up. It's hilarious!

Suddenly I can't wait to be that crazy rockstar wannabe lady dressing like she's a groupie at an Avenged concert... Although at that time my kids probably won't even know who they are... My husband wears skater clothes and him and my son sometimes match, and I don't think I own a pair of jeans without holes in them. We both have tattoos and plan to get more... I don't know, I think we are gonna pretty awesome "old people" LOL

what do you think? Do you still consider yourself "cool"? And how old is too old to wear ripped jeans?! haha

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Replies (21-29):
Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I was more talking about the style of clothing and FEELING "cool". I wasn't being serious about the cool thing, hense the "" and LOL's . I'm sorry, I know it was a long post, it's late, but really? Could you be any more rude? If you're just looking to start shit move on... and you ask ME if I am in high school...

Quoting Anonymous:

Doing something you enjoy doesn't make you "cool." Are you still in high school? Damn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friends and I were all at a bar one time in our very early 20's. There was this group of women there in their 30's. We all, very clearly, remember saying "Yuck. We will never be those ladies in our 30's". We surely had the bitchy faces of judgment to match. We are all around 38 now. And, we can't believe we ever thought such a horrible thing! What did we think was going to happen? We just woildnt want to have fun at that age? Clearly we thought we would be so old we wouldn't even be able to! Now? We go to shows and concerts and trips to Vegas and act like total idiots! Just like that group of women. And we are so happy we do! Rock on, mom!
Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I apologize for the long post and lack of paragraphs, I'm tired and started rambling :/ Thanks for the reply though :)

That's the thing though, I saw so many "old ladies" at the concert and I have a feeling that it will be me one day! lol But I am having fun! lol

Quoting 504bbymami:

You're cute. I don't get that whole scene though. The moshing and all that.... It's just really trashy to me. :/

I didn't read your whole post.. You need some paragraphs or something in there lol.

I say have fun though. I'm sure you'll get tired of that scene before you're an old woman. Hell, I'm 24 and I can't even hang anymore. I'm done by 1 or 2 am. Lol I used to party hard but now I'd just rather be home with my kids.

Quoting Smoore922:

At the concert last night!! :) 

Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM

I completely agree, my friends and I did the same thing! LOL Good for you for you having fun and acting like an idiot once in a while! ;) 

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friends and I were all at a bar one time in our very early 20's. There was this group of women there in their 30's. We all, very clearly, remember saying "Yuck. We will never be those ladies in our 30's". We surely had the bitchy faces of judgment to match. We are all around 38 now. And, we can't believe we ever thought such a horrible thing! What did we think was going to happen? We just woildnt want to have fun at that age? Clearly we thought we would be so old we wouldn't even be able to! Now? We go to shows and concerts and trips to Vegas and act like total idiots! Just like that group of women. And we are so happy we do! Rock on, mom!

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We're going to a concert in Nov. I think DH told me it was Avenged Sevenfold.... I honestly don't remember. He goes to concerts all the time, so I can't keep track of what's next lol. He's 31 & I'm 27. 

Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM

LOL! That's awesome!  I wanna be friends with your mom!! ;)

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Lol that will be me and hubby! We love rock, and are always in the pit. And my mom (52) spent two years following Three Days Grace around. She met Adam Gontier so many times that he recognizes her when he sees her and talks about coming over for dinner, lol.

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I go to concerts often and I wear band tank tops/tees most of the time. I have been to 12 concerts this year (including an Alice Cooper/Mariyln Manson concert and a Rob Zombie concert mixed in with Bret Michaels, Jackyl and Rick Springfield) and I dress like I am going to rock my ass off.  Last night (at a Rick Springfield concert) I wore a black shirt similiar to the one you had on with Music Makes Me Want To Dance on it, I bought it in London in August when we were there. I also have both arms tattooed in full sleeves as well as tattoos on both calfs (I am almost out of space on them). I am 46 years old. I have no desire to give up my concerts or dressing in non-40-something mom clothes. I don't dress like I am in my 20's but I don't dress like I am old either. I enjoy life and have a great time when I am concerts. I get in to the music and shake my ass and bang my head....LOL Oh and I wore these earrings last night (they are handmade and I bought them in London) because I refuse to blend in with the majority of the women who attend Rick Springfield concerts, LOL:

Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! Good for you for still rockin out! I don't think I will ever stop! I think I will be similar, not dressing too old or not dressing too young, just right for my personality! I bet you looked great! ;)

P.s. SUPER cute earings! (unfortunately I have to make cute plugs if I want something different..)

Quoting GarysGirl85:

I go to concerts often and I wear band tank tops/tees most of the time. I have been to 12 concerts this year (including an Alice Cooper/Mariyln Manson concert and a Rob Zombie concert mixed in with Bret Michaels, Jackyl and Rick Springfield) and I dress like I am going to rock my ass off.  Last night (at a Rick Springfield concert) I wore a black shirt similiar to the one you had on with Music Makes Me Want To Dance on it, I bought it in London in August when we were there. I also have both arms tattooed in full sleeves as well as tattoos on both calfs (I am almost out of space on them). I am 46 years old. I have no desire to give up my concerts or dressing in non-40-something mom clothes. I don't dress like I am in my 20's but I don't dress like I am old either. I enjoy life and have a great time when I am concerts. I get in to the music and shake my ass and bang my head....LOL Oh and I wore these earrings last night (they are handmade and I bought them in London) because I refuse to blend in with the majority of the women who attend Rick Springfield concerts, LOL:

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I plan to continue for as long as I can. My bands are getting older so, we'll have to see who is still around when I am in my 60's. LOL I am very eclectic, LOL In my profile I am wearing a little black dress and a pair of pink Converse with blue laces. We were in Ireland and had been walking miles all day touring and I just wasn't up to putting on 4 inch pumps so I just threw on the pink Converse and I rocked them :-)

Quoting Smoore922:

Lol! Good for you for still rockin out! I don't think I will ever stop! I think I will be similar, not dressing too old or not dressing too young, just right for my personality! I bet you looked great! ;)

P.s. SUPER cute earings! (unfortunately I have to make cute plugs if I want something different..)

Quoting GarysGirl85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)