Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My exh and I have been divorced for 3 years. We have a fairly good relationship now and get along nicely. I have a BF and Ex has met him. Now recently my ex has gotten into a relationship and has a GF. My son has been around her (she has a son too) and seems to like her. Last weekend my son and Ex spent the night at her house. So they clearly have been together for quite some time.
Here's my "issue" ....I have not met this woman and I feel like I should. I also have to confess I'm irked with ExH for not telling me he was in a relationship and having my son around a woman I do not know. Please tell me I'm not nuts for wanting to know this woman.

EDIT: FOR those WHO NEED CLARIFICATION....I am NOT making any demands regarding this. My ex doesn't even know I want this. Furthermore I would never DEMAND a mother fucking thing. I was merely asking if I was nuts or not for THINKING about wanting an INTRO. It's not like I want to be her BFF.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
HAHAHA! !!! I want to "control" everything just because I am curious and I am wondering if its normal to want only an INTRODUCTION? I never said I ever brought this up to my ex. I guess I'm her stalker too right? I mean her FB posts show up on my newsfeed , Its especially the coolest when she posts pics of MY son. But yeah I just want to "control" everything. Lmao....

Quoting Anonymous:

you have no right to demand anything.  you dont need to meet this woman, just sounds like you want to control everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM

wow you really need to be in control dont you? that youre going off on me for writing my opinion, yes you have a problem.

oh btw he doesnt HAVE to do anything you say, you are  not the boss anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

HAHAHA! !!! I want to "control" everything just because I am curious and I am wondering if its normal to want only an INTRODUCTION? I never said I ever brought this up to my ex. I guess I'm her stalker too right? I mean her FB posts show up on my newsfeed , Its especially the coolest when she posts pics of MY son. But yeah I just want to "control" everything. Lmao....

Quoting Anonymous:

you have no right to demand anything.  you dont need to meet this woman, just sounds like you want to control everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'd want to know who she is just to see what vibe I'd get from her. I didn't take lightly about having men around my son, why would I I feel it unnecessary toe serious about what kind of women he'd be around. I wouldn't start off with a confrontation but a simple "hey when do I get to meet the giiiiiirlfriend." Make it light but simple enough to let him know you want to meet her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Thank you! !!! You seem to be the ONLY one who understands. And how you suggested is most likely how I would approach it IF I decide to bring it up at ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd want to know who she is just to see what vibe I'd get from her. I didn't take lightly about having men around my son, why would I I feel it unnecessary toe serious about what kind of women he'd be around. I wouldn't start off with a confrontation but a simple "hey when do I get to meet the giiiiiirlfriend." Make it light but simple enough to let him know you want to meet her.

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM

When my son was going with his dad on weekends I made it a point to know any gf my son was going to be around.  He never had a problem introducing us. None of the girls really had a problem either.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I think an intro would be a legit request

Quoting Anonymous:

My exh and I have been divorced for 3 years. We have a fairly good relationship now and get along nicely. I have a BF and Ex has met him. Now recently my ex has gotten into a relationship and has a GF. My son has been around her (she has a son too) and seems to like her. Last weekend my son and Ex spent the night at her house. So they clearly have been together for quite some time.

Here's my "issue" ....I have not met this woman and I feel like I should. I also have to confess I'm irked with ExH for not telling me he was in a relationship and having my son around a woman I do not know. Please tell me I'm not nuts for wanting to know this woman.

EDIT: FOR those WHO NEED CLARIFICATION....I am NOT making any demands regarding this. My ex doesn't even know I want this. Furthermore I would never DEMAND a mother fucking thing. I was merely asking if I was nuts or not for THINKING about wanting an INTRO. It's not like I want to be her BFF.

newmom3012
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I think an intro is in order. If the woman is posting pictures of your son on the Internet I think you have every right to meet her. I would be pissed if ANYONE posted a picture of my son without my permission......Internet safety is huge and your ex should've asked you if you were okay with it. You don't know this woman's friends and she clearly doesn't have her Facebook locked down if you can see her posts without being friends with her in there. I'd probably report them to Facebook....
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

He is spending the night there..I would also be curious. As the Mother you DO have the right to know what kind of environment and people your child will be subjected to. I get it!

heidi749
by Canadian on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I would want an introduction to any women that he may bring around our DS.. I do not think you're nuts or crazy for wanting an intro to this women...

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'd want to meet her too, you're not crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN