Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need support(cancer related) update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My fiancée was diagnosed with cancer when he was very little, 6 years old they found out when he suddenly had a seizure. He fought it,got treatment and was healthy again! Years passed and he was playing high school lacrosse, he got knocked out had a concussion and they found it at the er. Again fought it and won. He is now 24 will be 25 in June. We are getting married in December. I learned this week that the past month and a half he has had nose bleeds,extreme dizziness,exhaustion,headaches,nauseousness which are all consistent with another brain tumor. Tonight he was apparently taking a shower and passed out. He came to texted me and we had his sister take him to the er for a scan and what not. Haven't heard from him since. I am so scared it is back. I have no experience in this matter. I don't know what to say or ask of I should be worried etc......

Also he went this morning and got blood work done at the doctor. It isn't done yet so that's why we don't know.

He is in Nebraska I am in California. He is supposed to be coming the 18th. He is finishing med school out here.

**update***

Er doctors came back and told him from his scan there are a couple of tumors. :' (
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Keep it together until you know what's happening 100%. It could be something as simple as high blood pressure.

Even if it were cancer, you just need to keep calm. If he needs you to be his rock, be his rock. If he needs your shoulder to cry on, offer it to him. Take your queue from him.

You will get through it together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I'm trying so hard I keep telling him nothing is wrong I just am never the "strong one" it's always him. I don't let him see me worry. I just keep saying it's ...

Scratch that as I was typing this he texted it's back..... I'm in tears

Quoting Anonymous:

Keep it together until you know what's happening 100%. It could be something as simple as high blood pressure.

Even if it were cancer, you just need to keep calm. If he needs you to be his rock, be his rock. If he needs your shoulder to cry on, offer it to him. Take your queue from him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM
You CAN and you WILL get through this.

Take time to cry all you want. Cancer is scary. But it's not a death sentence.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying so hard I keep telling him nothing is wrong I just am never the "strong one" it's always him. I don't let him see me worry. I just keep saying it's ...

Quoting Anonymous:

Mumof2ferals
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:30 AM

First I wanna say GBHS. My 7yr old son has been fighting a form of throat cancer since he was 18 months & like someone else said it's not the end of the world. Ds is my little solider & if u didn't know him u wouldn't know he was sick.  He has Such a bright & positive outlook. When I'm down & sad about what he's going through I just look at his smile & know it's all worth it. If u wanna chat/vent feel free to msg me. 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:45 AM
This. Sending good vibes your way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Don't allow yourself to panic just yet even though I know you can't help yourself.

I had childhood leukemia and the chemo I did can cause brain tumors in adults. I developed a brain tumor (same symptoms as your df) 4-1/2 years ago and had it removed. I'm now 100% fine! Your df is catching this early. He'll be fine
SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mumof2ferals:

First I wanna say GBHS. My 7yr old son has been fighting a form of throat cancer since he was 18 months & like someone else said it's not the end of the world. Ds is my little solider & if u didn't know him u wouldn't know he was sick.  He has Such a bright & positive outlook. When I'm down & sad about what he's going through I just look at his smile & know it's all worth it. If u wanna chat/vent feel free to msg me. 

I just read your post and I want you to know I will lift your son and the rest of your family up in prayer. If you do not mind me asking, what kind of symptoms was your son having when he was first diagnosed and what did they have to do for him? Your son is strong and he is a survivor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

You're stronger than you realize and this is everything you need to be for df.....
SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I am sorry to hear about all that your fiancee is going through.  I don't know if you believe in the power of prayer but I do and I will be praying for the two of you. Continue to be as strong as you can for him. And congratulations on your up coming wedding. Keep your head up and continue to be positive. Everything will be alright.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:34 AM
He has a couple tumors in his brain I am so beside myself I keep telling him it'll be ok yet when we aren't talking I'm screaming and crying in my moms lap . He keeps saying he is sorry idk what for

Quoting Anonymous:

You CAN and you WILL get through this.

Take time to cry all you want. Cancer is scary. But it's not a death sentence.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured