Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 5yr old is still in a stroller

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
He just got fitted for a new one today, an adaptive stroller. This will help make things so much easier with him!

He can't walk long distances due to medical issues. I just hope we get it in sooner than they expect. He's outgrown his umbrella stroller and is too heavy to carry.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Hope you get it soon.

sondamom0828
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM

We still use our stroller on our 7 year old.  She is about the size of a 4 year old and has Down Syndrome and walking long periods of time is hard on her due to her low tone.

Punchyobuns
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Strollers can be a lifesaver. Does he mind that he needs one?

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I soooo want one!! Ds is almost 4 and as of now I just took the canopy rhing off his stroller but it doesn't have much life left :/
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I'm glad he has one that will work betterfor him. I hope you get it soon. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Do you use a normal store bought one, or have you guys got an adaptive stroller too? I really don't know a whole ton about it so I hope they made sure we are getting one that will fit our needs

Quoting sondamom0828:

We still use our stroller on our 7 year old.  She is about the size of a 4 year old and has Down Syndrome and walking long periods of time is hard on her due to her low tone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM
No, he asks for it sometimes or wants held when we don't bring it. Carrying him is hard since he has a feeding tube so he wears a backpack all day with his feeding pump and formula. So add that to his 42lb 44" body, lol, it gets tiring.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

Strollers can be a lifesaver. Does he mind that he needs one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM
We are unable to open the canopy on ours anymore since he's gotten taller which is what made us switch to getting an adaptive one. They are ordering a canopy with it. Our son can't be out in the sun too much.

Quoting SnapShotMama:

I soooo want one!! Ds is almost 4 and as of now I just took the canopy rhing off his stroller but it doesn't have much life left :/
SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Are you paying oop, deductible or insurence full pay?

Quoting Anonymous:

We are unable to open the canopy on ours anymore since he's gotten taller which is what made us switch to getting an adaptive one. They are ordering a canopy with it. Our son can't be out in the sun too much.

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Insurance will fully pay. He has 2 insurances, the 2nd is a state one for those with severe medical issues so they pick up what our primary doesn't. A huge blessing with how often we are at the drs, er, and hospitalized

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Are you paying oop, deductible or insurence full pay?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN