Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I sue and if so who...home invasion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im mentally and emtionally affected by a home invasion, it happened 3 weeks ago, ive seen doctors, they have me a sleeping pills and anxiety/depression meds, their not working, im scared all the time, I havent slept, im a wreck. 3 guys came into my home with guns, I had a friend over who woke me up and got me out the 2nd floor window.he stayed behind because he didnt want them to see him going out the window and he didnt want them to see me and hurt me.hes my guardian angel.he would have ate a bullet to keep me safe.i went out the window and stood up against the house and was peaking in before I came to the fact that I had to jump.the guys with guns came into my room and put guns to his head, thats when I jumped and ran to call 911.they caught 2 of the 3 guys now the guys are facing 20yrs plus in prison...like I said im a wreck, I moved out of my apt because I couldnt be there, I was scared.this is eating me up, it causes me to cry all the time, im just so scared I cant even deal with real life, work has me out because im realky close to just having a nervouse breakdown, ive lost everything.my saftey my home everything.im being punished because of this.someone told me to sue, but who would I sue? The guys? They obviously dont have anything if their breaking into ppls homes.im broke and I feel like im doomed.this has affected me in a way where I dont think ill ever snap out of it.i cant eat, I cant do anything.i just sit and look out the window and wait, I know where im at is safe but I still cant help it.im devastated. And I dont know what to do
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM

OMG...where were your kids...Glad everyone is ok!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I doubt it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM
2 moms liked this
They put a gun to his head? They didn't pull the trigger did they? I so hope not!!

You MUST go to counseling. Pills do NOT fix everything.
Nisha_teeze22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait.... A "friend" ...? Where were your kids..

I'm not trying to make it seem like yor lying but how do you climb out the window.... But lean against the house on the second floor..... Then peek in?
mamaLynne74
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM

ummm I highly doubt you could sue. I would see about getting more help or maybe a roommate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM
The window went out to the roof above my neighbors pouch, and no my friend wasnt hurt they did hit him in the head with the gun and he had a gash and a couple stitches. .and my kids were with their grandmom for the night because they were having grandparents breakfast at school the next day

Quoting Nisha_teeze22:

Wait.... A "friend" ...? Where were your kids..

I'm not trying to make it seem like yor lying but how do you climb out the window.... But lean against the house on the second floor..... Then peek in?

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM

No, you can't sue. Time heals all wounds. My family was the victim of a home invasion when I was 13 and last year my husband and I were robbed. You take it a day at a time. This is still fresh for you, of course you are going to be in shambles. Good luck and good thoughts to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM
--South Jersey News• Two men were arrested Tuesday on various charges. Lee German, 29, of West Main Street and Richard Evans, 31, of North 4th Street, each were charged with robbery, burglary, possession of weapons for unlawful purposes, unlawful possession of weapons, aggravated assault with a weapon, aggravated assault pointing a firearm, criminal mischief and theft. German additionally was charged with resisting arrest by flight, resisting arrest by physical force and obstruction. Evans also had a child support warrant. Both were held in Cumberland County Jail on $150,000 bail each.
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Counseling...LOTS of counseling. That is going to be the only thing to really help you. Meds will HELP with counseling too but meds wont do it alone. ;(

I dont think theres anyone to sue hun. Sorry. You can maybe apply for temporary disability while you get therapy.

504bbymami
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
What would suing accomplish?

Shit happens. You just have to move on and get on with your life. Suing someone sure isn't gonna change what happened. I think it's kinda crazy that that is where your mind is going......

Weird.

I've been through many similar instances and yes it can be traumatic at first but that's life. You have to deal with it and get over it. Get therapy if you need to. That would help a hell of a lot more than trying to sue some damn body. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured