Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor people, sick of it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies
5 moms liked this

I am sick of all these shows with people doing things for poor people, redoing their house or giving them prizes and shit.  What about the people that bust their ass every day, working hard and taking care of their families, BY THEIR SELVES WITHOUT AID?  Why can't anyone come and just give them some help?  Why can't they be rewarded with getting something free or having a room redone in their house?  Why can't any of these redoing homes shows just take a normal, middle class, working family with no special needs family members, and do something for them?

It's like the poor get rewarded for being poor but the everyone else gets shit on.  When did we start rewarding people for being shit?

And no, I'm not jealous that I'm not poor and not on PA.  Some someone to be jealous of poor people and people on PA is insane.  I'd just like to see a hard working person get something special once.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM
*cries* poor picked on me :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

averagemama0609
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
13 moms liked this

You don't have HGTV do you? lol

sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

The current state of network television is an insult to intelligence.  It scares me that so many people watch these shows.  Have a great day!

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
27 moms liked this

First - being poor does not mean being shit.  The fact that you even made that statement says it all about you.  And people help the poor because...guess what - they need it!  If you needed it, then someone might want to help you too!  That's like bitching about a person who's paralyzed because they get to ride around in a wheelchair. 

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
10 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Turn off the television.....

Punchyobuns
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

You're answering your own question here. People that can make it on their own don't get awesome free shit because they're making it on their own.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM

The something special is being able to afford to take care of things.  I'd much rather keep my family's ability to function financially vs. getting something free now and again.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
You obviously are jealous because you made this post so...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)