Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating a single mom....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
You see, with or without you my life will never change.

I will still have sole responsibility for two kids. I will still have to wake up every day at 6am. I will still have to do homework, give baths, attend games, read stories, etc... whether YOU are here or not. Every dime I make goes to them. Everything I want, goes on the backburner.

I lost my chance to be a 'normal' mom a long time ago when their dad left. You may walk in his shoes but you are not responsible for their livelihood. You walk away, you get your life back. It's your choice. Everything you do is a genuine favor and while I appreciate it, I know my life will not change whether you are here or gone.

That is all. Got in a fight with BF of three years. I just wish he understood this. We do not have any kids together and while he's great with the kids; I know he isn't really obligated to do or be anything for them.

Uhhhh!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Sorry mama, I could've written that my myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I would never involve my kids with a man I felt would just walk away. The only time a man will be doing anything for my kids is when I am married to him
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
You are a smart woman.....and a wonderful mom who clearly puts your kids first. I have the utmost respect for single moms like you xxxxoooo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I've been in a huge slump lately. I had to pass on a great work opportunity because oldest isn't doing well in school. He never really has. That's fine, I'm just bummed about it.

I've had this chip on my shoulder about doing normal mom things, well, just because. He wants to fix it. There's nothing he CAN do to fix it.

It's my life, I take full responsibility for it. I just wish he'd lay off when I get like this. Everyone deserves to be mad once in a while.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry mama, I could've written that my myself.

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Aaaaand this is why I would only date a man or woman who would take my children in, because if you're truly a part of my life, my kids are highly involved, and if you don't like them, you don't get me..
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
But it does make you feel wonderful to do it all, right? That's how I feel. My kids get a lot of love, they don't lack for my attention and they know, no matter what, I'm always going to be their biggest chearleader, biggest fan and they never have to doubt that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I was the dumby who had kids with a man who just walked away! Married for years and he left. Poof. Only time I've dealt with him in 4 years was to settle our divorce. Moved cross country. He's gone.

I don't think you understand the post. It isn't about a man. It's about single moms. No matter how GREAT (and my guy is amazing) a man is, he will never be the coparent like a biological family would be.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never involve my kids with a man I felt would just walk away. The only time a man will be doing anything for my kids is when I am married to him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Kyndall30:

You are a smart woman.....and a wonderful mom who clearly puts your kids first. I have the utmost respect for single moms like you xxxxoooo

.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Why is that? The last sentence. Why can't a step father be a coparent? My Dh isn't their father and he coparents. He is in no way different from their bio father except for DNA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was the dumby who had kids with a man who just walked away! Married for years and he left. Poof. Only time I've dealt with him in 4 years was to settle our divorce. Moved cross country. He's gone.

I don't think you understand the post. It isn't about a man. It's about single moms. No matter how GREAT (and my guy is amazing) a man is, he will never be the coparent like a biological family would be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM
BF has practically stopped his life to be there for my boys. He coaches both of their teams in baseball, does homework with them, and a bath every night. Best guy I've ever met. But, he wants to fix me when I'm in a slump. Somethings are just the way they are and they'll never change.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

Aaaaand this is why I would only date a man or woman who would take my children in, because if you're truly a part of my life, my kids are highly involved, and if you don't like them, you don't get me..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)