Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

overnight for the first time

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 73 Replies
For ds6.

Angelface is going to be spending the night at his cubscouts den mothers house in preparation for their spook-a-ree event at the end of the month.

Ugh I'm a nervous wreck. The only time he has spent time away from me was when I gave birth and I was only 3 blocks away. lol

oy!

so how did you handle the first time your child spent the night elsewhere???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stressedmama24
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My other three kids I don't remember but my three month old is staying the night off tonight for the first time. Kinda scared and will miss him but I know he is in good hands and will be spoiled.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I know he will be on good hands also
I just ugh. lol

Quoting stressedmama24:

My other three kids I don't remember but my three month old is staying the night off tonight for the first time. Kinda scared and will miss him but I know he is in good hands and will be spoiled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I took the time to spend it with myself doing what I wanted to do. which happened all the time as she grew up.. loved sleep overs.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
The first time my twins stayed gone overnight they were about two months old. I had just separated from my husband and asked him to take them the night before I started my new job so I could get a full nights sleep. They have been staying with him every other weekend since. I'm used to it now and they just turned 3.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I just went through DS's first night away last night. He spent the night with grandma and grandpa, so did his sister, but she's done it before. Ds will be 2 in November. I missed him like crazy, but dw and I had a nice dinner out. Then this morning I played the Sims without interruption.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
My son is 18 months and as spend the night away since 8 months old. He's done it maybe 5-10 times I don't keep count. It's never bothered me. My mom raise me and 4 other kids, DFs mom raised him and 3 other kids. I felt they could handle it.
ermka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Keep busy. You know he's safe and having fun. Find something to keep your mind occupied so you don't spend your night going through "what if's."
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

i already started with the "what ifs" and then i tell myself im being silly.  lol

Quoting ermka:

Keep busy. You know he's safe and having fun. Find something to keep your mind occupied so you don't spend your night going through "what if's."

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
He will be fine and then you will think why haven't I done this sooner? !
I was nervous, too. Now I am lookong forward to the next sleepover.
soph324
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My 2 year old has been spending the night with grandparents since 3 months, usually about once a month. I worried a bit when she was tiny but that's it. She loves overnights and I trust them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)