Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old is too old for facial piercings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I had several facial piercings, and took most of them out at 21. I just took my last one out yesterday (except for my nose, which is just a very small gem). I'm 25. I don't regret them, but I wish I would have thought more about how I presented myself. So, in your opinion, how old is too old for facial piercings (save for ever getting them at all)?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
When you're ready to look professional. I know people in their 30s with them and it fits their personality. They have jobs that allow it.
I can't see them ever taking them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM
It's really about when you feel you're too old for them. I used to have 20 piercings (most were in my ears, 14 to be exact) and eventually I just started to take them all out. I wear diamond studs in my ears but the last piercing to come out was my tongue ring and I took it out when I got pregnant with my first at 23. I have no regrets and they were fun while I had them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Bump!
JTE11
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I guess that when you are out of college and trying to get a professional job. Some jobs would be OK with it but someone like a teacher isn't going to be showing up for class with a bunch of piercings, at least not where I live. In student teaching you wouldn't be allowed to have them eiher, so it might be before then, actually. So probably early 20s, like you did.

-42-
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
My mom just recently took out her tiny diamond nose stud.

My mom, the Sunday school teacher.
.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
17+
SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM

When I got to college I had 8 piercings in one ear and 7 in the other. By the time I did one of big student teaching blocks during junior year I had taken all but two on each lobe and one in my cartilage out. I was down to only the bottom two when I was interviewing for teaching positions. 

Quoting JTE11:

I guess that when you are out of college and trying to get a professional job. Some jobs would be OK with it but someone like a teacher isn't going to be showing up for class with a bunch of piercings, at least not where I live. In student teaching you wouldn't be allowed to have them eiher, so it might be before then, actually. So probably early 20s, like you did.

bex55
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Never if you want them. There is no "too old."
JTE11
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I have a bunch of piercings in my ears but never took them out for student teaching, lol. I had long hair and nobody really saw them. We were told facial (or tongue) piercings weren't allowed and we weren't allowed to show any tattoos. I don't teach now, and I still have all of them in. I have five holes in the lobes of each ear and two cartilage piercings, BTW.

Quoting SaraBethKY:

When I got to college I had 8 piercings in one ear and 7 in the other. By the time I did one of big student teaching blocks during junior year I had taken all but two on each lobe and one in my cartilage out. I was down to only the bottom two when I was interviewing for teaching positions. 

Quoting JTE11:

SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I actually took them out because my boyfriend's (now husband's) family was super conservative haha I don't recall any specific rules about tattoos or piercings even though I had both. I'm guessing the professors addressed it with individuals if they were concerned. I went to a small school, so there were only 15 of us in our EDU blocks. The class ahead of us only had 7.

Quoting JTE11:

I have a bunch of piercings in my ears but never took them out for student teaching, lol. I had long hair and nobody really saw them. We were told facial (or tongue) piercings weren't allowed and we weren't allowed to show any tattoos. I don't teach now, and I still have all of them in. I have five holes in the lobes of each ear and two cartilage piercings, BTW.

Quoting SaraBethKY:

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)