Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant sharp pain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Im 36 weeks pregnant and I just had this happen to me twice in a row. I was sitting on the couch and I stood up and had a sharp pain in my vagina/cervix. It wasnt that bad... Then I got up again a second time about 15 minutes later and this time the sharp pain was so bad I fell to my knees and it felt like a very heavy pressure on my cervix... What could this be??? I got up again a few minutes ago and I did it very slowly and didnt have the pain.. Did I just get up too quickly???

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Could be baby hitting your cervix or that general area. Just take it a little easy and if it continues call your doc.

MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I've had this for a few weeks now also. Dr told me it was just me getting ready for labor and not to worry about it.

ETA- I only get it when I am getting up or am walking around also. Usually when it happens the baby feels really low and is usually pushing on something down there.

depressedmom21
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM
talk to your doc and let them know
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I had that when I was pregnant too.  I believe it was the baby laying and my cervix changing a bit.  Perhaps you are dilating or effacing a bit?

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I had the ice pick in the cervix pain quite often.
sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM

your baby may have moved down further and there just alot of pressure down there, her head could be on a nerve, thats happened with all 4 of my pregnancies.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I had that every time I sat down the last few days of my second pregnancy. The nurse in L&D said they were contractions.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

OMG Yes, perfect way to describe it. At one point in time I swore my child was trying to tear his way out with his finger nails. lol

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I had the ice pick in the cervix pain quite often.

ThatRuddyGirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I've had this when I wasn't pregnant so I'm not sure what to tell you. I had it really bad when I was a teen. I think it was my body parts still growing or stretching. Not sure but IT HURTS! If you get up slowly it doesn't hurt. It use to knock me on my knees. Haven't have it in a long time.. I forgot about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)